heyrabbit

Nf Hockey Pool

Here's what I'm thinking: In order to make it interesting I want everyone to have 2 full lines plus 2 goaltenders(6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goaltenders). This will prevent people from losing due to injury alone. Trades will be allowed until the All Star break. Goals will be worth 2 points, assists 1. At the end of the season the goaltender with the best GAA will earn 100 points for your team. the goalie with the second best will earn 50.

I want to hold a "draft" so that nobody will have the same players and there's no disputing who takes which player. anyone who wants to play must post regularily or else it will never get done.

Drop me a line and let me know if you want to play. There's got to be atleast a couple.

list of those playing: primetime deliverance, ryan44

Edited by heyrabbit

You don't have to know anything but it helps. Half the time the people who win have just looked up the stats from the previous year and made their picks according to that. It's fun to gamble, though.

Edited by heyrabbit

okay, I'll let you know. It depends on how many people are playing. I think a player by player draft would be impossible but we'll see. there are different ways of doing it.

for example: each persons spot in the draft is chosen randomly. each person picks 4 players at a time. the last person to pick can choose 2 players from the first person's selections. the second last trades with the second to pick, etc. that's how we might have to do it

You can start them mid-season; everyone's given the same accumulated knowledge if you don't draft it pre-season. It's just not as cool-feeling, as going in knowing nothing (although,realistically, you don't know a thing for the first two weeks).

Yeah, scrap that idea. We're too late, but it doesn't matter.

There's only 4 of us so it will be fairly easy, just pay attention.

Each of us will be assigned a number. I'm going to randomly select the order in which we're drafting. Each person will pick 4 players at a time for a total of 3 rounds. The person to select last in the first round may steal any 2 players from the person to select first. The person who selected first would then take any 2 players from the person who selected last. The person who selects 3rd may pick two players from the person to select 2nd. Get it?(This is only for the first round. And yes you have to give up any player the person wants. you don't get to choose).

I'm keeping the rules I stated above. goals are worth 2 points, assists 1. the goalie with the best GAA will earn 100 points, second 50.

You must choose 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies. ( so choose wisely)

prime time(1), ryan44(2), blender(3),me (4)

Draft order:

Blender

Me

Ryan44

primetime deliverance

primetime deliverance

Me

Ryan44

Blender

primetime deliverance

Blender

Me

Ryan44

If you have any problems with this let me know, otherwise start selecting!

Edited by heyrabbit

dont worry about that

can i take a goalie, if so

ryan miller

brian gionta

patrick elias

jordin chee choo

and if no goalie i'll take:

pavel datysuk

yeah man, keep miller. everyone's gotta pick 6 forwards, 4 D, and two goalies... that is unless anyone wants to make it longer, I might add an extra round

revised draft order:

Round 2:

primetime deliverance

Me

Ryan44

Blender

jsunC

Round 3:

primetime deliverance

Blender

jsunC

Me