Like Sean, I'm also liking this season. I don't sit and wait for answers, I just enjoy all the little details and stories and I know that in the end it will all make sense. Or at least I hope so. I just hope they won't make this show last for a lot of seasons just because of ratings and money.

here's my lengthy 2 cents.(yes I know i like to bitch and moan)

I disagree with matrix about character development. there's really no character development at all. we find out random things about their pasts, but the characters don't grow or change. they don't interact with each other and they don't act in a way that makes any sense. there's really no conflict between them (which is essential to any story. so if you're wondering why it's blah, that's why). it's like they're all using weed all the time. there's not even fixed settings. in most films you have distinct places where people, gather, you know, do to do stuff! but in this they just sit on random spots on the sand or walk around in the jungle. yeah they're on a deserted island, but there's not really a substantial camp or anything that's familiar other than their little huts which we rarely get a view of.

It's frustrating for some people because it's like RPG game. everyone inanimately walks around and interacts in an autonomous, nonsensical way. This hasn't ruined the show yet because the strength of the show lies in the concept. Much like an alfred hitchcock or twilight zone episode, we all want to see what's so fucking special about the ending. how successful the show will be viewed in the end will depend largely on whether or not they somehow manage to bring everything together in a clever and purposeful way (all their pasts and all the weird shit that's happened). the trouble is that the longer they wait to tie up the mystery, the less likely it becomes that all the random, non-eventful episodes will have been worth watching. (if it's all going somewhere or of it really is like the Lost Writer's parody). What I think could happen is that people will stop watching, the show will get canceled, they'll be forced to tie it up early, and that will be an excuse for the ending not making any sense.

Edited by heyrabbit

Man I only watch Lost when they watch it at my job the next day on the Internet. From what I've seen, it's damn strange! I should probably watch it just to be able to talk about it...Same goes for Heroes...

From what I've read it's only supposed to go five seasons, and the majority of the story has already been plotted out.

Five sounds like too much. I think four seasons will be enough.

I've always thought from the beginning it would go four.

Claire and Jack are siblings?! WTF?!

You didn't catch on to that? That was the whole reason Jack's dad was in Australia. Remember that episode with Ana Lucia where she was like his body guard or something, and he went to visit that one lady and he's all like 'Let me see her'. I figured it out then.

Yeah, me too. But I didn't remember that Anna Lucia part but now that you mention it, it rings a bell. I have such a bad memory and with a show like Lost, it really sucks because there're so many little details and it goes on and on.

I thought it was kind of a lame filler episode. But oh well.

yeah for sure...brutal no advancement of the real plot whatsoever not like one little notch. you killed off 2 characters that were illrelavant and then gave them a backstory? yikes...did they have to give all the dead people screen time or something as well?

the show's utter lack of direction is dissapointing...

on a positive though it was REALLY REALLY cool how they killed them, cool twist but what's the point of putting sugar on shit?