it's like a soap opera now.

that sells, and with the show being signed already no rush to move along the plot, plenty of time to put in filler. nothing "anwsered" that episode hell nothing questioned.

as long as those two mopes don't pop up in the next 1-2 episodes that'll be all good.

The episode previous was awesome, they can't all be that good. I view this one more as a fun, cool down episode, like the 'Hurley finding a van' one. The only real plot advancement being Sun finding out who actually kidnapped her. And if all you're watching for is plot advancement, you're watching the wrong show.

Besides, fucking Lando was in this one. Lando!

The episode previous was awesome, they can't all be that good. I view this one more as a fun, cool down episode, like the 'Hurley finding a van' one. The only real plot advancement being Sun finding out who actually kidnapped her. And if all you're watching for is plot advancement, you're watching the wrong show.

Besides, fucking Lando was in this one. Lando!

That was a rather nice cameo, that's for sure.

the problem is not just that they're not advancing the plot. it's that they pretend as if they're advancing the plot, and then they dont, at all. each episode is played out as if something vital to the story is just around the corner, or that something important has been revealed when it hasn't. for example, that entire episode episode when they came across the russian dude while on their way to save jack. nothing was learned in that episode

the cliffhangers last, what, 8 hours, how long is a season? they literally had commercials saying, "secrets will be revealed!", and then, nothing.

when there's no plot, and no sub-plots, nothing happens! you get people just walkin around looking at each other, which is most of lost. they walk around looking forworn and emotionally intense. I wonder what's behind, THIS WALL,do do doooo.

Dude, I'm seriously sick of people complaining. If you dislike the show so much now, stop watching. Do watch it and then come to us complaining. It's getting real old. I enjoy the show for what it is. Do I like not getting answers every episode? No, but I'm not going to watch a show that I don't like any longer and then go complain about not getting any answers that I know I'm not going to get until the end of the show, and talk about how pointless it is. If you are annoyed about not getting answers, shut the fuck up and stop watching.

not that easy, it's like walking out on a movie it's gotta be real bad to do,lost for all it's short comings is far from being walked out on.

I'm hooked on the plot of the island. the last 2 seasons compared to the first have been brutal, the last episode was mundane, and focused on people that are illrelavent to the plot. it's like watching a movie and then 40 minutes in they just cut away to other people that have some fleeting reference to the main people in the movie, then cut bak.

I understand why they dick around with the plot but it's still frustrating.

It's silly comparing a TV show to a movie. It's not the same thing.

how ? it's a serial show it's just a longer movie...it's not like one episode has no bearing on another the plot moves along just like a movie. You would have a hard time if you just decided to start watching this wednesday night for the first time. just like watching a movie 40 minutes in. Lost compares favorably to a movie in those respects. Unlike says the simpsons where having knowledge of last weeks episode isn't nessesary to watch this weeks.

I didn't mean it in that aspect. I commented on:

"it's like watching a movie and then 40 minutes in they just cut away to other people that have some fleeting reference to the main people in the movie, then cut bak"

It's how it felt to me anyway...they have gone on for 2 years about these same people and then they ram these two into a show, in which they are killed at the end? the whole thing does nothing to advance the show. i'm not a fan of the flashbacks but I understand there imporatance, or sometimes you have an episode which is lighthearted but tihs was neither. this was pointless. it's like having a part in the matrix about two other people(say the ones that lived under neo) in the matrix for a few minutes killing them and getting back to neo.

I think a lot of you are missing the point. You may not see it advancing the plot now, but I personally feel once the show is over, there will be things that were done that we may not understand now, but we will at the end.

If you're comparing it to a movie, there are things done in movies that you don't fully understand at that moment, but it all makes sense at the end (hopefully, anyway). But since a movie is only two hours long, more people forgive things like that because they have a short attention span. But, in a season long tv show it's harder because people want answers right away, and they can't wait until the end of the season, or multiple seasons for that matter. Do you understand what I'm saying?

the plot doesn't advance until it they advance it. this really isn't a trivial problem. it literally means that the story is suspended. we're talking about something around the likes of , what, 80 hours of filler?! It's going to come together, yes, but I doubt that in the year 2034 or whenever the show ends, I doubt that the 500 hours kate, sawyer, and jack spent staring at each other will have been warranted as a fascinating component of mystery of lost.

there's no reason why they can't make entertaining episodes while we wait for them to advance the story. instead of having them stand around looking purturbed, why not have a riveting beach volleyball tournament!! or have the characters interact with each other and develop sub-plots, conflict etc

I get what your saying matrix...I trying to say the way they go about the interaction is boring and more importantly to me it's illogical(both from the characters standpoint and from my own). the last last episode was nonsense, it was boring, it involved people that until then had 10 lines between them. They had rose and bernard where'd they go? they've constantly put new faces into the plot spinner and given them backstories...there's plenty of ways to involve subplots and drama without a spinner cycle of interchangable people. Also the love fests are very melodramatic.

conversely I thought this weeks episode was good one of the better ones. the "subplot" if you will with sawyer and hurley was cute/enjoyable. while kate and the blonde girl's part was well done and interesting. the end with them leaving the security of the village to go back to the island seems silly at this point, but that can slide for now. Baldy going with the others was neat- coulda been expanded upon, but good. overall this was a good enjoyable episode.