wow these 2 episodes are brutal....every time it breaks for commercial i'm fighting myself to stop watching. I'm wondering if not watching until the end and catching up w/o waiting the week in between will help. I can't stand watching like 4-5 plots at once advancing 3-4 minutes an episode it's annoying. Plus all the "words are at the tip of my tongue OH LIGHT..." is ultra low brow.

the show is definitely best when watched in large bouts and not week to week. I started watching the series on TV last year and couldnt deal with it. Seasons 1-3 were awesome for me because I watched like 3-5 episodes at once. The commercial breaks only add to the frustration

I found this on the ajira source code.

46 6f 72 20 47 6f 64 20 73 6f 20 6c 6f 76 65 64 20 74 68 65 20 77 6f 72 6c

64 20 74 68 61 74 20 68 65 20 67 61 76 65 20 68 69 73 20 6f 6e 65 20 61 6e 64 20

6f 6e 6c 79 20 53 6f 6e 2c 20 74 68 61 74 20 77 68 6f 65 76 65 72 20 62 65 6c 69

65 76 65 73 20 69 6e 20 68 69 6d 20 73 68 61 6c 6c 20 6e 6f 74 20 70 65 72 69 73

68 20 62 75 74 20 68 61 76 65 20 65 74 65 72 6e 61 6c 20 6c 69 66 65 2e

This converted from hex to ascii is:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

the show is definitely best when watched in large bouts and not week to week. I started watching the series on TV last year and couldnt deal with it. Seasons 1-3 were awesome for me because I watched like 3-5 episodes at once. The commercial breaks only add to the frustration

A big part of that is the 1st season was written by the guys getting credit(abrams et al) and was written to be compelling and w/o and idea if the show would stick...one they got the indefinitely contract and$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they handed the writing over and the direction tailed off....new people had to be introduced, plots had to be lengthened, the soap opera aspect with cheesy melodramatic love interested needed to be fully explored. ....the show definitely could have been kept simple, endearing, and interesting w/o all the over the top nonsense both with the main plot and with the who's sawyer love this week.

I don't think anyone can understand the direction/plot. Cause frankly I doubt anyone in charge of the show did before the season started, hell they still probably don't.

A big part of that is the 1st season was written by the guys getting credit(abrams et al) and was written to be compelling and w/o and idea if the show would stick...one they got the indefinitely contract and$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they handed the writing over and the direction tailed off....new people had to be introduced, plots had to be lengthened, the soap opera aspect with cheesy melodramatic love interested needed to be fully explored. ....the show definitely could have been kept simple, endearing, and interesting w/o all the over the top nonsense both with the main plot and with the who's sawyer love this week.

I don't think anyone can understand the direction/plot. Cause frankly I doubt anyone in charge of the show did before the season started, hell they still probably don't.

I disagree. I think they have their ideas penned out and they know how to get there. Its amazing, watching these first two episodes, how many things tie in to each other from the past. Gives you a sense of how they've been planning out the main plot for a long time.

With the added complexity of timetravel they're bound to lose some of their casual viewers but who cares. The episodes are fantastic, the acting is top notch and the storytelling is better than a lot of movies these days. I welcome it all with open arms. Lost has never been better.

Apparently they're meeting up with some old chick at a church to find the island again. My interest is waning. Smoke monsters and four-toed statues? I can dig it. Just don't make me go to church.

Not just any old chick, but the old chick that refused to sell Desmond the wedding ring, was in a picture with a monk when Desmond was at the monastery and also happens to be Daniel Faraday's mother.

So far I'm enjoying season five more than any previous season.

Not just any old chick, but the old chick that refused to sell Desmond the wedding ring, was in a picture with a monk when Desmond was at the monastery and also happens to be Daniel Faraday's mother.

So far I'm enjoying season five more than any previous season.

Not only Faraday's mother, but possibly also Penny's. Not to mention that she's most likely Ellie from the island in this season's episode Jughead in which we found out that Charles Whitmore used to be on the island as well.