el tripoli

Audio Of Being

Now that i know everyone like The Audio of Being I do not. The album is an excellent example of Amazing Canadian Rock, Beautiful Midnight and Underdogs were as well. Many times we forget that the albums were very suiting for the time they were released. Matt's lyrics are wonderful, a true lyricist. Apparitions is still such a good song!

Matt's wittings don't dumb you down like other bands, he give us more credit. I'm talking about our brain capacity. Doesn't it feel like media dumbs down the population with social conditioning. TV tells us how to act with one another and music with poorly written lyrics weakens our ability to be creative. Funny how rap music got popular once artist spoke about PS2 and Civic etc... Anyways I'm getting away from my main point.

The Audio of Being is the best because it relates to the main audience of Matt's fans. It is his most current album with the old Matthew Good sounds/lyrics. The truth is Matt's bes album was his first Last of the Ghetto Astronauts or Avalanche. Both had some of his best work, Last of the Ghetto Astronauts had the best lyrics and a good clean sound. Most his other albums do sound like nails on a chock board. I do like the to listen to the 'nails on a chock board' albums over a clean sound , but my decision is final Last of the Ghetto Astronauts is better. Matt's lyrics are actually shit, all he talks about is a big pile of shit. Non of it has any real relevance on the world until Avalanche and White Light Rock & Roll Review.

Avalanche has some of Matt's best sounds a true example of his ability. Lets not forget when he released it, a time of America pop idols. Matt did an excellent job of competing with them. White Light Rock & Roll Review is better then Pink Floyd, when I listen to Whit Light Rock & Roll Review I can her a mixture of the the best albums of the past revamped into White Light and that s why it is titled Rock & Roll Review. Anyone who impulse shops would grab the CD based on the title and be able to take a step back into the past. I would like to say Matt coined the come back vinyls once again setting new ground in the rock industry.

is it just me, or does anti-pop seem out of place on Audio of Being?

Yep, I think that was the point.

Anti-Pop and Truffle Pigs were written and recorded while AoB was being recorded, hence them having a different sort of vibe from the other songs on the record.

I've debated which album of Matt's I like the best, I think is the best, in my head for years now, and I don't think I'll ever be able to decide. All of them have relevance and a deeper meaning and attachment than just me liking the albums- they've all helped me through some tough times, and I know they always will.

anti pop isn't very good from a personal view. But when your driving its rather good to play. i like the msg in anti pop, the sound of it is something new so it's good overall from a professional view. But its a marketing song its one song that isn't like the rest just like deftones new album snw - pink cellphone is the odd one out (history repeats) and everyone likes it. if it can grab new listeners then its doing its job making it good song just like anti pop.

AoB is definitely my favourite MG record.

It took me a while to get into it though as I was impatient with its long intro's. I even sold the disk to my friend cause the record kind of disappointed me ...seems silly but at the time I was into a lot of punk rock.

Since then MG has become my favourite artist and have all of his records. Cant get enough. I dont know what I would do with out MG and Thrice...they hit me like no other artist/bands can.