Sign in to follow this  
Prometheon

Words Of Wisdom

"You can safely assume that you

"The same energy of character which renders a man a daring villain would have rendered him useful in society, had that society been well organized."

"I have some good news and I have some bad news." - My Doctor last month upon informing that my lump was not cancerous, but had to be removed.

"Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see farther." - Elbert Hubbard

"Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see farther." - Elbert Hubbard

I like this one Owen.

its alright, I think he posts it on every page...whats the deal with that? johnny double post!

To lead the orchestra, you must turn your back on the crowd. - Max Lucado

came across this today, hooray for double posting but oh wells...

LOVE that Frost poem. Thanks for making me remember it.

LOVE that Frost poem. Thanks for making me remember it.

Always been a favorite of mine... happy to share =)

"...Do I dare

Disturb the universe?

In a minute there is time

For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse."

T.S. Eliot - The Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock

"There is no great writing, only great rewriting." - Justice Brandeis

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

David Bissonette

I make league min and i bawl out of control. i would be a danger to society if i made 6 shmill a year.

Paul Bissonette

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" - Voltaire

"Religion is like a penis.

It's fine to have one, it's fine to be proud of it. Just please don't wave it around in public or try to force it down children's throats."

Too funny.

"If he is infinitely good, what reason should we have to fear him? If he is infinitely wise, why should we have doubts concerning our future? If he knows all, why warn him of our needs and fatigue him with our prayers? If he is everywhere, why erect temples to him? If he is just, why fear that he will punish the creatures that he has filled with weaknesses? If grace does everything for them, what reason would he have for recompensing them? If he is all-powerful, how offend him, how resist him? If he is reasonable, how can he be angry at the blind, to whom he has given the liberty of being unreasonable? If he is immovable, by what right do we pretend to make him change his decrees? If he is inconceivable, why occupy ourselves with him? IF HE HAS SPOKEN, WHY IS THE UNIVERSE NOT CONVINCED? If the knowledge of a God is the most necessary, why is it not the most evident and the clearest."

-Percy Shelley

I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road. - Stephen Hawking

"Fake love is a very powerful thing. That girl who adored John Cusack once had the opportunity to spend a weekend with me in New York at the Waldorf-Astoria, but she elected to fly to Portland instead to see the first U.S. appearance by Coldplay, a British pop group whose succss derives from their ability to write melodramatic alt-rock songs about fake love. It does not Matter that Coldplay is absolutely the shittiest fucking band I've ever heard in my entire fucking life, or that they sound like a mediocre photocopy of Travis (who sound like a mediocre photocopy of Radiohead), or that their greatest artistic acheivement is a video where their blandly attractive frontman walks on a beach on a cloudy fucking afternoon. None of that matters. What matters is that Coldplay manufactures fake love as frenetically as the Ford fucking Motorcompany manufactures Mustangs, and that's all this woman heard. "For you I bleed myself dry," sang their blockhead vocalist, brilliantly informing us that the stars in the sky are, in fact, yellow. How am I going to compete with that shit?"- Chuck Klosterman