Prometheon

Words Of Wisdom

Well as stupid and sad as that would be, if that's what the admins must do then there's nothing I can do about it.

For the record, you might want to note I'm not the one who started this silly argument. All I did was post a single Bible verse and nothing else and that caused RicardoObviouso to say "no bible quotes" so naturally I'm going to defend my obvious right to post Bible quotes. I said absolutely nothing in my original post that should bother anyone. Period.

To be honest, I don't really have an issue with it. I can't even reasonably ask you to tone it back because you're not over the top with it.

I can't say I like your tone, but hey, it's the internet and we don't have to like each other.

So, lets call this argument dead and continue as we will. In that vein, post what ever quotes you feel important to share, people don't really have to read them if they don't find them agreeable.

I have Psalm 23 tattoo'd on my left arm. I put on because it meant something to me. It's not directed right to God, but I put it on for a whole different reason.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

I was having a difficult time and I got it done because I needed to know that I was loved. It's more directed to my friends and family that have been with me for everything, not God.

I know that Psalm is totally cliche, but whatever. It means something to me.

ANYWAY. enough of that bullshit.

Words I live by: Life's a bitch and so am I. So fuck the world and let's get high.

did you seriously put bible quotes in your signature?

edit: sacrilegious, although ironically funny, comment removed.

I've had Bible verses in my signature for little while now, well before I posted in this thread. So what's wrong or funny about that?

I've had Bible verses in my signature for little while now, well before I posted in this thread. So what's wrong or funny about that?

P.S. I did notice this... nothing to see here, move along.

"The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference. ~ Richard Dawkins "God's Utility Function," Scientific American, November, 1995, p. 85

Very cliche, but a nice little 30 second read.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,

I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain,

I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,

I am in the graceful rush

Of beautiful birds in circling flight,

I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,

I am in a quiet room.

I am in the birds that sing,

I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave bereft

I am not there. I have not left.

-Mary Frye

From the toughest SOB, Rocky Balboa:

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are,

it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life.

But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

How much you can take and keep moving forward.

That’s how winning is done !"

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

"Every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies...a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Eisenhower

Alwayed loved that one. Here's the broader quote:

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

So let us never say that "black" guns are somewhat suspect, or that only double shotguns are sporting, or that rifles are acceptable, but pistols are not. So long as the shooter is respectable, his firearm is respectable. When he is not, neither is his weapon. - Jeff Cooper