Prometheon

Words Of Wisdom

One of my favourites, by Milton:

What is strength without a double share of wisdom? Vast, unwieldy, burdensome, proudly secure, yet liable to fall by weakest subtleties; strength's not made to rule, but to subserve, where wisdom bears command.

"you can't change the way you feel"

-good charlotte

That really ought to be a banning offense right there. Quoting Good Charlotte as words of wisdom.

P.S. To continue with Meg's idea..

"Ooh ooh ah ah ah!"

-A chimpanzee.

it was a joke.

it's good advice though

no it's not. you can totally change how you feel. drugs, alcohol...i'm sure there's other ways too.

p.s.: love the chimpanzee quote. those loveable chimps. we could all learn a few things from them.

no it's not. you can totally change how you feel. drugs, alcohol...i'm sure there's other ways too.

p.s.: love the chimpanzee quote. those loveable chimps. we could all learn a few things from them.

that's not changing the way you feel, that's temporarily altering it

Ever heard of a bender?

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - more Einstein

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson

Show Don't Tell - Rush

I Make Money And I Really Don't Love Hos - Snoop Dogg

They're already dead, they just don't know it yet - Eric Draven/The Crow

Most illogical - Mr. Spock

Oh no, not the tossed salad man - Chris Rock

I'm Rick James Bitch - Dave Chappelle as Rick James

this is a long one, but i love it. it's a speech stevie ray vaughan gave during 'life without you' live at some point (i don't know the date):

"i'm gonna stop right now and thank god that i'm alive and well enough to be with ya'll today. and that all is as well as it is with everybody here. i am glad to be with you here today. you see, it does me good to stop and think about this stuff, because...sometimes it's to easy to forget, for a lot of us, yunno, what we been through, where we're comin' from, where we're tryin' to get. where we're tryin' to get is back home, inside, yunno. and back in touch with what really means something, which is love and caring and what we got between us. see, it took me a long time to find out that pretty much everything else is a bunch of... something else, yunno. cuz for a long time, all i could remember to do was run away from myself and everybody that cared, yunno. and usually that meant run to the party. and stay there for as long as possible. and then one day i nearly died and it dawned on me that that was not the right thing to do, yunno. cuz yunno it is time to come home every once in a while. what this is all about is just i'm just asking ya'll to take care of yourselves so you can be there for the ones who need you and love you the most. and they need you all the time. i know i do. are ya'll with me? alright."

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood" General Patton.

"Weaseling out of things is an important learning experance, it seperates us for the Animals, except the weasel." Homer Simpsons.

"God Damn You!" King George (his dying words)

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - more Einstein

i was gonna post that, i love that quote

The greatet value of a picture is when it forces us to notice what we never expected to see

-john tukey

Edited by jsunC

"Second star to the right, and straight on til morning" - Capt. Kirk

"Homey don't play dat" - Homey da Clown

"The shitter was full" - Cousin Eddie (Christmas Vacation)

"You're, stoned and drunk, and you think you can get away with this???" - My HS VP on a day I clearly should have slept it off...

"At least I don't hide my bottle in a drawer, now go find yourself a breathmint, check my GPA., and Go Fuck Yourself." - My response

"Your smart ass mouth, just wrote a check your ass can't cash, king shit." - My Dad, a few seconds before a fat lip, a black eye, and two bruised ribs were hand delivered to me...

Edited by bishopx

that's not changing the way you feel, that's temporarily altering it

Ever heard of a bender?

Most things that are bent end up back in their original shape.