Prometheon

Words Of Wisdom

Some people live closely guarded lives, fearful of encountering someone or something that might shatter their insecure spiritual foundation. This attitude, however, is not the fault of religion but of their own limited understanding. True Dharma leads in exactly the opposite direction. It enables one to integrate all the many diverse experiences of life into a meaningful and coherent whole, thereby banishing fear and insecurity completely.

Lama Thubten Yeshe

This is a paraphrasing, as I forget the exact wording, but:

"The man who discovered fire was probably burned by his brothers at the stake he taught them to light." ~ The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand.

Yay, you read the Fountainhead! That makes me happy.

here's a few:

Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.--Lord Byron

So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money?

Edited by heyrabbit

impartial to all, free from excessive attachment or false hope and expectation; accepting, tolerant, and forgiving.

Buddhist nonattachment doesn't imply complacence or indifference, or not having committed relationships or being passionately engaged with society, but rather has to do with our effort to defy change and resist the fact of impermanence and our mortality. By holding on to that which in any case is forever slipping through our fingers, we just get rope burn.

Lama Surya Das

There will come a time when you wake up and realize that there will come a time when you will not.

-Me

way to try and claim part of a MG quote as your own ;) it's one of my favorites:

"Welcome to today. How do you feel? This is what today looks like. Is it what you expected? There will come a time when you wake up and realize that there will come a time when will not. There will come a time when the version of you on this day will seem stupid. It is not your fault." - Matthew Good

way to try and claim part of a MG quote as your own ;) it's one of my favorites:

"Welcome to today. How do you feel? This is what today looks like. Is it what you expected? There will come a time when you wake up and realize that there will come a time when will not. There will come a time when the version of you on this day will seem stupid. It is not your fault." - Matthew Good

Huh.

Actually, I found that in some random file that I'd saved on my computer, and assumed it was myself. It didn't have a source written in the file, usually I jot down the source when saving someone else's quote. Now that I think about it, that's from one of those manifestos of his, isn't it? Terribly sorry Matt. Do forgive.

It's still really awesome.

wow. you're an idiot.

In all seriousness, it seemed like something I might write, as it was similar to many of the things in my other document or two that I have kicking around where I put thoughts like that. The writing style of it is similar. And yes, I'm absolutely positive those are mine.

As an added bonus, thanks for editing my post to remove the part about forgetting to source the quote, which I stated that I usually do.

Edited by Morglor9

Breathe, breathe in the air

Don't be afraid to care

Leave but don't leave me

Look around and chose your own ground

For long you live and high you fly

And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry

And all you touch and all you see

Is all your life will ever be

Run, run rabbit run

Dig that hole, forget the sun,

And when at last the work is done

Don't sit down it's time to dig another one

For long you live and high you fly

But only if you ride the tide

And balanced on the biggest wave

You race toward an early grave.

- Pink Floyd (Breathe)

...There is no love greater than that of parent for child, except the love of God. Who will watch over even the tiniest souls, and love them as he loves all his children. Lord, take this Angel back into Heaven and into your glory, as he waits to be reunited with his parents again, and offer them the solace that Michael Charles will dwell in your light forever. - an excerpt from Father Michael's prayer for my son.