Prometheon

Words Of Wisdom

Nevermind what you were thinking, just do what I told you. I don't pay you to think, just to follow my orders. - The CEO of a company I used to work for, chewing out the VP of Marketing, and the VP of Sales during a meeting...

"Gentlemen, almost is not good enough! We'll get them next time, is not an option! Tomorrow is another

day, is absolute bullshit! The Time Is Now, To Take What's Ours!!! This is Your House, These Are Your Brothers, and that team on the other side of the field just spent the last 20 minutes laughing and joking about how easy this win is going to be for them. THEY WILL LEAVE HERE WITH NOTHING BUT DEFEAT, AS LONG AS YOU TAKE WHAT'S YOURS!!! - Coach BishopX last season on the sidelines before the start of our only win last season. (Yes I wrote that shit down, my Grandfather would have been proud!!!)

"Apparently the 18th century polymath Thomas Young was the last person to have read all the books published in his lifetime - that means he would've read all the Shakespeare, and all the Greek and Roman classics, and all the theology and all the philosophy and all the science. But the same man today - a man who'd read all the books to date - would have had to have read all Dan Brown's novels, two volumes of Chris Moyles' autobiography, The World According to Clarkson by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According to Clarkson 2 by Jeremy Clarkson, The World According to Clarkson 3 by Jeremy Clarkson - his mind would be awash with bad metaphors and unsustainable reactionary opinion, one long anecdote about the time Comedy Dave put pound coins in the urinal; in short, the man who'd read everything published to date would be more stupid than a man who'd read nothing."

~ Stewart Lee.

Edited by LonelyWreckage

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

-Eleanor Roosevelt

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.

-Joseph Stalin

with the same sword they knight you, they gonna good night you with. shit, that's only half if they like you. that ain't even the half of what they might do. don't believe me? ask Michael.

See: Martin, See: Malcolm, See: Biggie, See: Pac, See: success and its outcome, See: Jesus, See: Judas, See: Caesar, See: Brutus. see? success is like suicide. Suicide; it's a suicide. if you succeed, prepare to be crucified. Media meddles, you get sued: you settle. every step you take, they remind you you're ghetto. so it's tough being bobby brown, To be bobby then, you have to be bobby now. and the question is, "is to have had and lost better than not having at all?"

I'm reading The Inferno, and so far the most gorgeous stanza has been in the very first canto:

"And like a miser-eager in aquisition

but desperate in self reproach when Fortune's wheel

turns to the hour of his loss-all tears and attrition"

Edited by Prometheon

"Blake said that the body was the soul's prison unless the five senses are fully developed and open. He considered the senses the 'windows of the soul.' When sex involves all the senses intensely, it can be like a mystical experence. " - Jim Morrison of the Doors

with the same sword they knight you, they gonna good night you with. shit, that's only half if they like you. that ain't even the half of what they might do. don't believe me? ask Michael.

See: Martin, See: Malcolm, See: Biggie, See: Pac, See: success and its outcome, See: Jesus, See: Judas, See: Caesar, See: Brutus. see? success is like suicide. Suicide; it's a suicide. if you succeed, prepare to be crucified. Media meddles, you get sued: you settle. every step you take, they remind you you're ghetto. so it's tough being bobby brown, To be bobby then, you have to be bobby now. and the question is, "is to have had and lost better than not having at all?"

I always liked this a lot.

"The essentials of speaking are in not speaking at all. If you think that you can finish something without speaking, finish it without saying a single word. If there is something that cannot be accomplished without speaking, one should speak with few words, in a way that will accord well with reason. To open one's mouth indiscriminately brings shame, and there are many times when people will turn their backs on such a person."

Hagakure

The Book of the Samurai

Edited by Sparq