Prometheon

Words Of Wisdom

"Holidays where people exchange thoughtful objects (or those which sport a pronounced turkey component) get a pass, but "enforced revelry" as a general concept is one I abhor. I have an especial loathing for chronofetishism. My prediction for 2010 is that we'll spend the entire Goddamn thing spitting blood and teeth into the sink. Happy New Year."

-Jerry Holkins (AKA Tycho Brahe)

"Sometimes you have to just except that you did your best, appreciate how far you got, and let it go at that." My Grandfather after I gave up the game winning homerun, after pitching eight innings of no hit ball.

Entirely likely, but that's because driving a Neon at 140 is horrific. I know. I think the idea only works when you go to extremes. Say, a Caliber understeering (as they are prone to do) through a track corner is probably more exciting than a Ford GT parallel parking.

If considerably less dignified.

Edited by Sparq

"What do I expect you to do? I expect you to do your job, and go home, when it's done. Life is to damned short to spend 70 hours a week working. Now take Thursday and Friday off, and enjoy your weekend. Don't make me tell you twice." - Me, with one of the Support Team Supervisors this morning. The poor guy works like I used to, and there's no good damned reason for it.

"What do I expect you to do? I expect you to do your job, and go home, when it's done. Life is to damned short to spend 70 hours a week working. Now take Thursday and Friday off, and enjoy your weekend. Don't make me tell you twice." - Me, with one of the Support Team Supervisors this morning. The poor guy works like I used to, and there's no good damned reason for it.

I've never figured out why people need to be told to leave work for during work hours and fuck off when they're over. Seems pretty self explanatory.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion.

(Henry David Thoreau, Walden)

"when i die i will no longer be alive, and that kills me" -ricardo obviouso

lol.

“Every asshole who ever chanted ‘Drill Baby Drill’ should have to report to the Gulf Coast today for cleanup duty.” - Bill Maher

Edited by Moonlight_Graham