I don't know, its a sort of style they adopted on Crow and as soon as the distorted guitar comes in on "A Kiss To Send Us Off" I could hear it. Its sort of a tinny/high EQ kind of sound that makes the songs sound like they're being played on myspace at reduced quality. I can hear it in the drums as well as all the heavy parts. Its definately a departure from their Make Yourself, Morning View, overly polished sound, but I think I'm more a fan of the old production than this new style.

I'm just not a fan. Other than that, I'm not wholly feeling this album at this point but it really seems like a grower. I think when I read the lyrics I'll start to like the songs more.

I'm listening to it for the first time right now. I'm curently on Love Hurts, and I dig the CD so far.

Edit: Does the intro to Oil and Water remind anyone else of 21st Century Living? (not the vocals mind you, just the instrumentation.)

Edited by Prometheon