nag95

Best Show Of All Time

That isn't entirely true. Most serial killers have a victim "typing" that they look for, and they usually kill exclusively or nearly exclusively within that typing. As an example, look at John Wayne Gacey (first killer that came to mind): he murdered at least 33 people, all of which were young males.

It isn't a huge stretch to imagine Dexter as having a "typing" that applied only to murderers. He does have an unstoppable urge, and so perhaps if he had no other choice he would kill someone not fitting that type, but he is always able to find a guilty victim.

I don't know if i can pick a best show of all-time. I guess its probably The Simpsons.

My list for best ever, in no order:

Simpsons

The Cosby Show (wtf nobody has mentioned this???)

Seinfeld

South Park (keeps getting better!)

Lost

The Wonder Years

Star Trek: TNG

Da Ali G Show

Mr. Bean

Sesame Street (before they added "Elmo's World")

The Tom Green Show (when it was on Rogers cable-access in Ottawa before picked up on Comedy Network, though 50% of that was still awesome but then he started getting into stupid shock-comedy. MTV-era really started to go downhill.)

the thing is though, young men and prostitutes are plentiful, criminals... not so much, the fact that he just happens to catch one when he needs to kill someone is completely unrealistic.

Meh, I figure he always has a killer or two "in queue" and then actually finishes the job on a need/opportunity basis. I mean, the sheer quantity of murderers in his general vicinity is a little ridiculous, but he IS in Miami.

I just don't find it that funny, to be honest. It's like Friends to me...how the hell can you live in New York City without any minority friends. Also, Jerry who isn't all that good looking, was pulling mad chicks...I just never got it.

I just don't find it that funny, to be honest. It's like Friends to me...how the hell can you live in New York City without any minority friends. Also, Jerry who isn't all that good looking, was pulling mad chicks...I just never got it.

well, most of them were Jews. I love Jerry's taste in women. Its virtually identical to mine. All my celeb crushes made an appearance. I guess if you are Master Overlord of the show u get to pick your co-stars heh heh.

well, most of them were Jews. I love Jerry's taste in women. Its virtually identical to mine. All my celeb crushes made an appearance. I guess if you are Master Overlord of the show u get to pick your co-stars heh heh.

You're funnier.

I've gone on an X-file watching marathon. Since christmas I've watched all of seasons 1-4, and am 5 epi's into season 5. Hard to justify not buying the seasons when they're $20 a pop.... although I havent decided if I'm going to continue buying the later seasons (7-9), as the quality of the series drops off a bit. My need to remember the details from every arcing episode will probably sway me though.

Even his character in the show was somewhat of a celebrity, which helps with the chicks. Plus he was funny and had charisma and whatnot, no matter his looks.

As for the thread, I can't say I know what the best show ever is, but my favourites of all time include Lost, Seinfeld. The Wonder Years, Cosby show, among many others.

Top Five Currently Airing Shows In No Particular Order:

5. Lost

4. Supernatural

3. Mythbusters

2. The Daily Show

1. Battlestar Galactica

Top Five No Longer Airing Shows In No Particular Order:

5. Deep Space Nine

4. Futurama

3. Firefly

2. Arrested Developement

1. Angel

Nerd much? Yup.

24 should have stopped at Season 5. Sigh.

Best show of all time is The Simpsons. It should have stopped at season 11...

Hmm...

Too much of a good thing is not good.

South Park has seemed to remain relatively good even after 10 seasons, but it's still not the quality it once was