Um...

There will always be a place for the previous four albums in my heart for this band but...

I don't know about this. I think this will be a very experimental album for them by the sounds of it and I feel a wee bit betrayed right now. I hope the rest of the album isn't so... dancy. It's like they're getting back to the Rainbow Butt Monkey's groove but sounding more ... radio friendly.

yeah, I was worried that something like this might happen. The got A LOT of attention with One Thing and the trend with bands (Staind for example) is to go with what gets them recognition.

I hate Staind now by the way

I hate Staind now because if you look at everything after Break the Cycle (and even that album itself to some extent) you can see how much they've changed from the good old hard rocking days of Dysfunction. They WERE good back then, but they went softer because thats what gets them the money.

Well, I think it'd be an opinion. I don't think there is a band alive that would admit to changing their sound to make money. It just seems like after they released It's Been Awhile and Outisde and got popular(ish) they've softened up each album after then

LAUGH OUT LOUD, that new song is the biggest franz ferdinand - take me out rip off. Horrible Song. Horrible Lyrics. He sounds like the douche from disturbed.

This band is done.

nail on the head. i hate how he sounds like the dude from disturbed now. it seems as though scott never had his own distinct vocal style... first he was copying raine maida, and then that shithead from disturbed. awesome.

One thing happened.

Much as with Staind and "It's Been Awhile" F11 seemed to get some recognition for a song that sounded nothing like their other songs... so they changed direction. ;)

Were they ever good? I always had their name in the medicore catagory in my head.

i'd say so. during the tip/the greyest of blue skies era, they were good for the sort of band they were. specifically on the latter of the two efforts, where they played a lot with different textures and atmospheres and things like that. they were good at being a "dark" kind of band. i dont think they wanted to be pigeon-holed in that genre forever, so they changed their sound, which meant that they started sounding like they did when they were a band of a different name: "rainbow butt monkeys". its amazing how theyve come full circle.

they might still fit into a "mediocre" catagory though, as i would never place them on the same level as some of my favourite bands. but i think that they had potential at a time... now they just stink.

Edited by borntohula

Were they ever good? I always had their name in the medicore catagory in my head.

i'd say so. during the tip/the greyest of blue skies era, they were good for the sort of band they were. specifically on the latter of the two efforts, where they played a lot with different textures and atmospheres and things like that. they were good at being a "dark" kind of band. i dont think they wanted to be pigeon-holed in that genre forever, so they changed their sound, which meant that they started sounding like they did when they were a band of a different name: "rainbow butt monkeys". its amazing how theyve come full circle.

they might still fit into a "mediocre" catagory though, as i would never place them on the same level as some of my favourite bands. but i think that they had potential at a time... now they just stink.

that is a very good way to put it. They are really good live though!