Is it weird that I've only seen the season finale for Heroes?

Anyways, I was thinking about maybe watching it this year coz I dunno how many good shows are coming on...

pick up the season 1 DVD (or at least rent it from Blockbuster) it is a great show

I agree, the premiere was great. I was worried Heroes would have lost it's oomph. I wasn't really too excited about it before it aired, but then they had that countdown special, and halfway through I was stoked.

This should be a great season.

I'm loving the darker turn in the tone of the show that Heroes has taken. The season opener for sure made up for last season's overall craptacularness.

I was actually emotionally shocked by

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
that fire guy burning that innocent woman to death at the gas station
and I'm someone who is incredibly blase towards things of that nature. I think it was the
screaming
that got me.

I wasn't surprised at

Angela Petrelli's claim of being Gabriel's mother. It's her being her usual manipulative self or it's the truth. Either way, it's not a development that I find all that revolutionary as Peter and Sylar are different sides to the same coin in many regards. Being half-brothers would certainly play more into that.

As cool as

Mohinder's new powers are, I find that syringe plus passing out at docks for a while equals Spider-Man to be a tad silly, regardless of the apparent exoskeleton side-effect. At least I assume it's an exoskeleton as that would fit with the spider powers, though given the fact that he squished that gun like cardboard he could have the proportional strength of an ant and be Ant-Man [minus the lame shirk powers].

The fact that

Adam appeared in Angela's vision of the future, not in Hikaru Sulu's grave is awesome. That whole sequence was brutal, I loved the decapitation of Claire amongst the corpses of Heroes' heroes.

I thought for sure Mohinder was about to start growing blue fur at one point... he would make a perfect Beast. I bet Heroes will rip off the marvel universe and make Mihinder a similar character.

I think heroes have cleaned up their cast nicely and with the exception of Nikki maybe,(I wasn't a fan of her before), have storylines that are all interesting (in the beginning at least). The previous seasons had problems with that. I'm also loving all the flash-forwards and time travel. It really makes the show interesting.

Plus I <3 Kirsten Bell. ;)

I wasn't surprised at
Angela Petrelli's claim of being Gabriel's mother.

I thought she meant that metaphorically speaking, not literally? O.o Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

I'm pretty sure she meant it literally as it seems that if someone has abilities, their parents do. Genetics and all that jazz.

And that time that Sylar killed his mom in Season One, she didn't appear to have powers. Unless crazy bitch is a super power, then yes, she did.

Agreed.

Personally I'm enjoying the character development this season (especially Syler's) but I think the writers are doing it at the expense of the story line. It's like watching Days of our Lives or some other soap opera which is making it kind of hard to take seriously when there's a plot twist at the end of like every second episode.

Agreed.

Personally I'm enjoying the character development this season (especially Syler's) but I think the writers are doing it at the expense of the story line. It's like watching Days of our Lives or some other soap opera which is making it kind of hard to take seriously when there's a plot twist at the end of like every second episode.

You know, I think the character development is what I was having a problem with. Every character who was inherently good, was becoming bad and vice-versa, which in itself isn't a bad thing but they were acting so out of character that it wasn't believable.

This last episode though, cleared up the Hiro/Ando thing and showed that Peter, though still hungering for killing, was trying to be better. It sort of cleared up things and drew a bit of a line between good and evil. It made the Season Arc a little more believable.

As long as they have episodes like this last one to ground things, I don't mind the episodes that are bloated with sloppy action and confusing nonsense.

Considering how this chapter is called "Villans", I think they're giving us exactly that. I'm not finding much of it sloppy or confusing, other than the fact that Mohinder's arc seems so completely detached from everything else. He was such an important part before, and now he's largely just shirtless, horny eyecandy.

Edited by Muran

I got to thinking and I've gotta say that the best thing about Mohinder's arc is the fact that he took Maya out of the picture (for a while at least). I can't stand her character one bit.

The wrong twin died.

I'm thinking that Sylar and Peter are twins and my reasoning for this is the ability of their father, Mr. Petrelli. All three of their abilities are similar, the dad gains other people's abilities by touching them, Sylar gains them by cutting open their head and figuring out how the ability works while Peter just has to be nearby someone and he can gain their ability.

All three have the same end result, just a different way of going about it.