The_Rat_Who_Would_be_King

Pencil Sharpeners

it was a good tool for procrastinating. when i was little, i didn't have ADHD or anything, but i always liked taking breaks from doing my work. to keep things interesting, i'd either go on long voyages to the washroom or i'd walk to the front of the class to sharpen my pencil endlessly. or at least until it was sharp enough that it would break again once it hit the page.

I went to crappy public schools, you had to be Arnold Swarzenegger just to turn the bloody things.

hahaha same here, i know what you're talking about. They always had this point where they'd momentarily stick, and you had to push them REALLY hard just to get it going again and then by the time you thought your pencil was sharp, it would fuck up the whole lead! WEll that' my experiance with them at least.

it was a good tool for procrastinating. when i was little, i didn't have ADHD or anything, but i always liked taking breaks from doing my work. to keep things interesting, i'd either go on long voyages to the washroom or i'd walk to the front of the class to sharpen my pencil endlessly. or at least until it was sharp enough that it would break again once it hit the page.

We must be soul mates, you and I.

kids used to empty them all the time because the garbage cans were always right by the door, and the front chalkboard was where the sharpener was, so it was a long walk and people would watch you....those kids needed to be the center of attention

That is devilish. I remember when people did that with crayons. Or when people would use pencil crayons in there and it would get the colours all mixed up, so you'd go to use your pencil and it would be a little green. Then you get expelled.

This child you speak of sounds like the type that would torture animals.