Finally I got around to download a few of his songs. Really nice... I like City Of Lakes.

that is my fave. i heard that song a few years ago when he was touring with blue rodeo, adn fell inlove with it. thats what got me started.

other good ones are

What are we gonna do come the month of september?

Back home weather

Lonely Highway Nights

Stand Down at Sundown

Time of your life

I actually really do enjoy the view around Alderney Park, one of the better you'll find that's close to either waterfronts. If I had a car I would probably drive there from work everyday for lunch in the summer/fall.

I wish I worked near the downtown area over on the Halifax side, I'd love to hit up Point Pleasant park for an hour in the middle of my work day.

Every time I talk about the HRM I re-realize how much I really love this area. I love that I live 20 mins from Peggy's Cove, and other surrounding areas but I'm still within walking distance to all of my necessities and have easy access to all sorts of vibrant and diverse art and entertainment.

Honestly, if you can get past having to deal with the five-way stops and suicidal pedestrians and maniacal bicyclists (or you just don't have a car), it's a sweet place to be.

'Course, there's more to it than just a motorist's perspective, but that's a good way of illustrating it, I find.

Yeah, I think the Sam Roberts show will be fantastic tonight. I can't wait; I've heard great feedback about his shows although I've never seen him live before.

Also yeah, sucks they delayed the release of his album by a week. I was practically counting down to the end of the month. It's neat though that the new J.J. Cale album is going to be released on November 7, seeing as how Matt refers to his work a lot and talks about him as a big inspiration.

ya i knew it was going to be delayed like a month ago, but i was still disappointed ill be there on tuesday when its out.

man i would love to see sam roberts live, but it wintersleep was opening for him, that would end it for me.

Isn't it just basic rock?

Not that I like Matt Mays, but does music ALWAYS have to be complex for you for it to be good?

No, I like a bunch of minimilist stuff. I like a lot of basic rock as well...but the genre has already been perfected and today's artist really have nothing new or better to offer to it.

Complexity doesn't even have anything to do with it really. It's more experimentation...pushing boundaries and whatnot.

Shakakahn: It was an incredible show; you're fucking right he's fantastic!

shade: Based on what you're saying I think you would actually enjoy some tracks on the Matt Mays + El Torpedo album and probably most/all of his newest solo effort, When The Angels Make Contact. I'd honestly check him out, he has some basic rock tracks in his catalouge (although they are all exceptionally well done) but he's got his own sound too for sure and he does push boundaries and branch into other genres in his new album, it's actually quite diverse. He's one of the best current Canadian acts ot there, in my opinion.

Clicky clicky

You can stream the entire new album here.

Some really wicked tracks are:

When Angels Make Contact

Midnight is the Time

Spoonful of Sugar

1 For the Motor

J.J.'s Theme

Mornin' Sun

Heroine

What's a good site to upload tracks with? I don't know where you can stream any tracks from the Matt Mays + El Torpedo album. Great tracks from that one are:

What Are We Gonna Do Come the Month of September?

Time of Your Life

Wicked Come Winter

Stand Down At Sundown

Edited by Monochrome Rainbow

man i would love to see sam roberts live,

dud you had the chance to come with me and brandon

when was this? at stampede? i hate stampede.

some wicked songs from the first matt mays album are.

city of lakes

back home weather

fuly july moon

lonely highway nights

where am i going