After a few more listens, Little Motel isn't as great as it first sounded. But the following are the initial standouts:

Spitting Venom

Parting of the Sensory

Florida (I could see it being the next single)

We've Got Everything

So far I'm liking it more than Good News but it'll take more listens to see how it stacks up to earlier stuff.

I like it quite a lot as well, some very good songs on there. The immediate favorites are "Fire It Up" "People As Places As People" "Parting the Sensory" and "Little Motel."

Is it just me, or is "Parting the Sensory" sound a bit like it's political?

album of the year

I'd have to agree with you. So far it beats out the Arcade Fire, Shins, Anberlin and Dear and the Headlights which, for me, are the years best up to this point. But this year has so many albums to look forward to, I think this one will slip down into my lower top ten.

I have a feeling the Constantines and Wintersleep will be battling out for the top spot.

album of the year

I'd have to agree with you. So far it beats out the Arcade Fire, Shins, Anberlin and Dear and the Headlights which, for me, are the years best up to this point. But this year has so many albums to look forward to, I think this one will slip down into my lower top ten.

That's interesting because right now Wincing The Night Away (the Shins) is the best of '07 so far for me, so I'm comparing everything to that. The new Modest Mouse doesn't even come CLOSE. But to each his/her own, right?