http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWpYl6kmNg

Acting like retards to bad generic rock music: check.

Furthermore, I could throw together a terrible song about doing a line of coke off of a stripper's ass while listening to Immigrant Song. That doesn't make it good or give it any amount of inherent credibility. This band is terrible and represents the most disposable and embarrassing sect of rock music.

I could throw together a terrible song about doing a line of coke off of a stripper's ass while listening to Immigrant Song. That doesn't make it good or give it any amount of inherent credibility.

yeah, anyone could. anyone can write lyrics. anyone can sing. anyone can form a tight band and perform in front of an audience. anyone can break the top 100 billboard album chart. this is entertainment we're talking about, here. 'knocked up' wont win any fucking oscars, but jesus christ did it sure make a lot of money and entertain a lot of people.

i dont need some depressed musician with a degree in english to tell me about how his parents beat the fuck out of him to validate his talents or give him "credibility". if a dude has a coke problem and drinks all the time and likes to get fucked, and it sounds good to music... i'm going to listen to it. if he can do it consistently, i'm going to support it. if you're looking for credibility in something, try real life, not your ipod.

Mr.Smithee brings up some good points.

However, people are just confusing art and entertaint...the line between is very blurry...but you can usually tell what side musicians fall under. Nobody said Buckcherry is artistic...its just straight up entertainment. Only a few bands can make artistic music and also appeal to a massive audience.

Edit: added an extra word.

Edited by shade

I'm fine with someone liking whatever music. If you find entertainment value in something, that's fine. But it seemed more like you were trying to defend the integrity of a band that I find to be very superficial and musically boring.

Led Zep - In through the out door

Velvet Revolver - Libertad (Preorder)

I was surprised by the Velvet rovolver disk. I did not have high hopes for it, however I found myself enjoying it.

yeah. and who knows...you might even like chris's songs. i just think his voice is too soft for lead vocals. and his songs used to seem really whiney to me, though the ones on this record aren't as bad in that respect. still...bill blows him away and should do all the lead stuff, imho.