it's good. worth having. i like truthfully truthfully more, but there's some sweet songs on the new one, too. hey monochrome: do you have any idea where ashtray rock is/was?

Apparently it's a forest west of Clayton Park where everyone used to go to get trashed.

It could possibly still exist as there's still a fair bit of forest if I'm thinking of the right area but I'm guessing it's more or less what the Mainland Commons/Halifax West area used to be before that whole area around Parkland and upper part of Lacewood was developed.

That's kinda cool considering that's pretty much behind my apartment. I'm in one of the apartment buildings on Chadwick that have been built for 30 or 40 years so they would have been the edge of the developed area as you went into "Ashtray Rock".

And yeah, the album is pretty awesome. I like it as much as Truthfully, Truthfully probably. Fashionable People is probably my least favourite off of the album.

^^^ You liked the new Arctic Monkeys? I downloaded the leak a while back and didn't really hear anything that caught my attention.

I don't adore it, but I do like it. To me, they are just a bunch of guys who love to play music, and that really comes thru. It's not pretentious at all, like a lot of bands whose first album is big, but at the same time, they didn't just make the same record again.

Plus, it is good driving music, and I make 100 round trip commute 3 - 4 times a week, so I need a lot of new music to keep me sane.

I don't adore it, but I do like it. To me, they are just a bunch of guys who love to play music, and that really comes thru. It's not pretentious at all, like a lot of bands whose first album is big, but at the same time, they didn't just make the same record again.

Plus, it is good driving music, and I make 100 round trip commute 3 - 4 times a week, so I need a lot of new music to keep me sane.

I actually think that this album is much better than their debut. It's harder and faster and just sounds more like a band and not a overyhyped bunch of teenangers.