Prometheon

The Prestige

Holy shit! It was SO good. I strongly, strongly reccomend it. There were a few truly jaw-dropping moments.

Don't read this spoiler if you haven't seen it, but this one thing is bugging me:

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
Christian Bale's character: at the end he gets executed, and then his double comes and kills Hugh Jackman. Was his double just some guy that looked like him, or did he use the machine at some point to make a copy of himself?

The spolier I said wasn't kind of stupid. I liked the fact that Hugh Jackman's character becomes so obsessed with something that was kind of obvious.

You'll all understand when you see it.

Edited by matrix

Amazing movie. I'm at a loss for words. My hands were shaking afterwards. Chris Nolan is now the only director who matters.

And after Hugh Jackman gets shot and sees it's Christian Bale, I think he verbally comes to the conclusion that it's his twin. He gasps "a brother" or something. And that other guy was around way longer than Tesla's machine.

Oh my god, what a movie. No movie will be any good for a long time now.

Absolutely a great movie, but I found it somewhat predictable...

Obviously do not read before watching the movie...

The beginning part where it showed the hats in the forest had me thinking throughout most of the movie. Then the electricity in the snow lighting the feild of lightbulbs made me focus on that too. When he used the machine on the top hat I knew they were all related so I randomly blurted out "It's a cloning machine!" When wolverine wrote in his journal that he knew Batman was reading it, I knew I was right. Also when Christian Bale said that his assistant guy holds all his secrets, I guessed that moment that he was a twin, because he said under no circumstances will his secrets be revieled, and his assistand never talked. Tesla's accent was fairly weak too, but otherwise this was an amazing movie and it will be a while before it's beat.

probably my favorite film of the year.

yeah im not sure if it's a twin or a copy, to be honest. mainly because the way in which the story unfolded (which was badass). like, when they first encounter tesla at that science convention, has bale/borden's assistant been introduced already?

and at times, i couldnt hear some of the crucial lines because of the ass faces eating popcorn beside me.

Edited by borntohula

I really liked this movie, I hope they can keep the momentum going for TDK.

1) What's TDK?

2) I saw this again last night and it made SO much more sense and I appreciated it a lot more. Once you know the 'secret', it seems so obvious, and they drop a lot of obvious hints at you throughout the movie, but I guess you don't pick up on it unless you already know it. Very cool.

Oh, and also, that plot element has been officially 'wrapped up':

It was definitely just a brother. When Borden writes 'Tesla' as the keyword to unlock his journal, it's a decoy, and tesla himself tells Jackman that the machine he made for Borden didn't do what Jackman was looking for. They were using him for his money, but then it did end up working as a clone machine. Also, there's a big clue right at the beginning of the film, when they watch the Chinese guy do the fish trick, and Borden talks about how he 'lives his act' or something like that, and alters his entire life just to do that one trick.
Edited by Prometheon