lokee

What's The Latest Blog Post Mean? (merged)

i don't think she has one.

i remember her bashing matt's fans and calling them groupie girls and bunch of other stuff at one point. she was pissed. don't think she'll post her address and let it be to known b/c you know peopl eare going to bash her on her site for sure.

just an aside.

CORRECTION: In the article that appeared in this issue on page 39 in- correctly stated that Matthew had dedicated his song "Running For Home" to Jenny. In fact this is incorrect. This song's lyrics have to do with the difficult subject of teenage sucide and our mistake caused some embarrassment to Jenny; for this the Editors sincerely apologize. mja

Edited by X-Rated Truffle Pig

I only read this thread to point out the terrible grammar of the title: "What's The Latest Blog Post Mean" if we expand the ' we get "What is the latest blog post mean" which clearly makes no sense. I think what you meant was "What does the latest blog post mean"

And to that effect, I have no opinion.

I only read this thread to point out the terrible grammar of the title: "What's The Latest Blog Post Mean" if we expand the ' we get "What is the latest blog post mean" which clearly makes no sense.  I think what you meant was "What does the latest blog post mean"

And to that effect, I have no opinion.

I only read this thread to point out the terrible grammar of the title: "What's The Latest Blog Post Mean?" If we expand the contraction, we get, "What is the latest blog post mean," which clearly makes no sense. I think what you meant was, "What does the latest blog post mean?"

And, to that effect, I have no opinion.

:angry: ;)

i don't think she has one.

i remember her bashing matt's fans and calling them groupie girls and bunch of other stuff at one point. she was pissed. don't think she'll post her address and let it be to known b/c you know peopl eare going to bash her on her site for sure.

just an aside.

CORRECTION: In the article that appeared in this issue on page 39 in- correctly stated that Matthew had dedicated his song "Running For Home" to Jenny. In fact this is incorrect. This song's lyrics have to do with the difficult subject of teenage sucide and our mistake caused some embarrassment to Jenny; for this the Editors sincerely apologize. mja

I always thought that "Running For Home" had to do with Matt writing about the changes that occur around you when you become famous (fitting since it was written after the popularity of Underdogs)...thought I read that somewhere in an interview...

The name is a reasonable request... especially since she probably sucked a whole lot of his money out during the divorce. Not to mention all the money he shelled out while they were married.

A lot of us were a little bewildered when she started making appearances online... she didn't seem like a match given what we knew about our favourite crazed rock star, but we took it on faith that there was more to it than the shallow Barbie image that she projected. I don't know, maybe you can judge a book by it's cover?

so I once made a post about "she's in it for the money" being about Jenny and I got a warning for it.  Apparently, it was too personal.

What gives.

Hey Anton,

sorry to bother you... i noticed i got warned for something.  What was it, so i can stop doing it?

the topic on "she's in it for the money" has already been made and it's still in the mg section.

That pretty much explains it.

Last summer when we set up his MySpace account I've suggested other services given that this one is owned by Rupert Murdoch and he declined because he wanted to be closer to his fans with the whole Friends option and because MySpace was way more popular. He doesn't see the point in using another one. So he probably wont.

Edited by Prosis

Well personally I think he's just gonna drop the whole thing because he's pissed off about the whole identity thing...but I can't really predict it because I didn't speak to him about this yet. I will suggest other options and, if he can't be bothered, I'll offer him to set it up...just for you guys because I'm the ebst and love you very much ;)

Edited by Prosis

Well the fact that he gave in is more because that was the only place he could host his files for us. But it had to be simple and easily maintainable. You know maintaining websites is not his main thing.

This is the way I understand it: Why doesn't he ask me or Sonny to maintain both mg.org and his myspace? Because he can't pay us and he doesn't want us to "waste" our time doing work that the record company should be paying for. He doesn't choose to have a wordpress either but that's the easiest way he can maintain his website himself given that he's not a programmer. So he decided to get a myspace to host his songs but yes if he would've had the bandwidth to host them on mg.org he wouldn't have taken a myspace I'm sure. But since he pays for the server and domain name and webspace himself, he thought that was a good idea to give us stuff like demos and whatnot.

Edited by Prosis

Sure I have but he declines...once he even asked me to make him a template and half way through felt really cheap and told me "You know what, never mind that I'll just keep that one that way I wont be draining all your time off"

And the thing is, if I were to maintain his website for free it would take up a lot of my time during the day (but I have a job so I can't wander to do something else). Especially since Matt's very meticulous about how he wants things. So he would just rather take care of it himself and not bother anyone else with it.

He's always been very cool when people do free work for him.

It does but it's not surprising. The next record he's going to release will be his last with Universal and they petty much abandonned Matt after the band broke up. It's sad because they still have an artist that could make a lot of money but personally, I think they're just not taking any risk. He has been to one of the biggest tops any Canadian artist in the current music business could go. Plus Matt is not a puppet artist and won't do what he doesn't feel to. And Universal can now fill their pockets forever with Beautiful Midnight, the MGB's biggest commercial success. So, since Universal is not a small record company they're probably just thinking "ah fuck it, next!" Because after Lenny stopped doing MGB.com back in 2001 when AOB came out, the record company took over the website (flushed the french version of it by the way, they didn't agree with it and therefore forced me to find myself a host and address from which they would link me) and some guy whom I can't remember the name started building it in Flash and it was a big thing. But then the band broke up and that just went down the shitter.

That's why I'm glad the music business is going to be more and more independant with the Internet. Matt can do like Holly McNarland did with "The Komrade Sessions" which is to record it himself (in his case more at home like he does his demos) and release them himself. And if Holly can go to number 8 on the iTunes top 100 with minimal publicity, it proves that it works...

I love that comment he left on his Flickr:

The Mental Gallery:  Capitalism at its most fantastic......

As you have said in song Matt, "This is a commercial for freedom while freedom is in hades".

matthewgood:  I know what I said - WHO CARES - we're talking about hot girls. Go away!

;)

Edited by soundless_space