lokee

What's The Latest Blog Post Mean? (merged)

Yeah, that's true and Matt is probably better off that way. Record companies really suck.

You know it sister!!! I've met some cool reps but the "COMPANY" itself, well, blows.Little fish BIG pond....

It sems that when you're on a roster of let's say 200 artists and you get treated like 201....time to go. I think Matt should do what Neil Young did and record a rockabilly record but instead he should cover Sig Sig Sputnik regge style.

Good idea, huh???? ;)

That would learn 'em.

Well since he was forced to put Hopeless as a hidden track because it was "too country" maybe that would fail...unless he comes up with 14 tracks only in that style then that should shut them up...so much wasted studio time that they paid lol

Well. I,fer one would like to work with Matt again.....I think we both have a differant approch to music now....would be...hmmm...interesting.The Slickjacks [we're psychobilly]is my band but I think I've still got a bit to offer to Matt. We never did sit down and write a song t'gether....really.

Well since he was forced to put Hopeless as a hidden track because it was "too country" maybe that would fail...unless he comes up with 14 tracks only in that style then that should shut them up...so much wasted studio time that they paid lol

is that what happened? i hate country music, but i love that song, but i hate hidden tracks.

Well. I,fer one would like to work with Matt again.....I think we both have a differant approch to music now....would be...hmmm...interesting.The Slickjacks [we're psychobilly]is my band but I think I've still got a bit to offer to Matt. We never did sit down and write a song t'gether....really.

well, I for one would like to see that. are you still in contact with him?

I think part of it seems to be that he's a very insular and introspective person by nature. He went from being in a band to going solo (creatively) and now his solo acoustic material is literally one person playing music. Previously potential collaborations with Ryan Dahle, Thom D'Arcy or even his "supergroup" seem to have fizzled as well... as did his online collaborative work at Thought Mechanics, hehe.

But I dunno.

Edited by Zoon

To be honest, his blog is really rather boring. I never used to read it, I don't know why I started.

Not only is it boring, almost every personal post seems little more than an entry looking for sympathy and well-wishing.

I hope his new album does the talking.

Matt's not waiting for sympathy and well-wishing from people who read his blog...come on dude

And I only read it sporadically...posts about politics, I skip, personal posts, it depends and musical posts I read...the first category is predominant though...

I enjoyed Matt's latest blog. It's very honest, very raw, and I can see how some people would dislike the post for that. But, people, this is the real Matt. He's not just an artist, he's a real person with ups and downs, and flaws, even if his music is so perfect in many ways. I think we fans are priviledged to get these personal insights and it should help you see him more as a normal, real person, instead of just a musical artist. It's his brilliant mind, afterall, that creates the music we love, and for Matt to give us brief insights into the workings of his mind is an honour.