Some Random

Body Spray Vs. Cologne

i heard somewhere or other that women have a more acute sense of smell, and your opinions are the only ones that matter on the subject anyway, so here's a question for the women folk of the bored: can you tell the difference between those cheap-ass body sprays (axe,tag) and an expensive cologne? the first time i actually smelled axe and knew for sure it was axe i was smelling was at work the other night when one of the other dudes was messing around with a bottle of the junk. i said it smelled like ass and he got this sad/hurt look on his face and said that he liked it and wore it.

Why? Don't buy that bullshit about women having more acute sense of smells than men. If something smells like shit, it smells like shit, whether or not it's a woman who says it.

actually just because you think it smells like shit doens't mean the girls do. girls are attracted to the guys stuff and vice versa. girls wouldn't think you smell good if you were wearing a chicks scent

Whatever colonge I wear apparently smells good. I use it 'cos it's what I've got [had it long time, fucked if I know where I got it] and I've gotten a number [read: one] of compliments from the women [woman] folk at work.

the thing is though, people give compliments but they're less likely to criticize. they aren't gonna say anything if they think it smells bad.

I never really differentiated between smells. I always jsut looked at it as though there were two kinds of people, people who chose to smell and people who chose not to smell

As long as you don't bathe in the shit, and it doesn't come in a 1L bottle, you're fine...

From all my experiences, girls can tell the difference between cheap and expensive stuff - it's more of a brand name thing I think (i.e. ooo that's Lacoste vs. that cheap ass bought adidas again from zeller's)

I do not like either on guys.

I know the smell of Axe because it reminds me of high school hallways, but I cannot honestly tell you I can tell the difference between cheap and expensive stuff.

i'll buy that people can't tell the difference between cheap and expensive stuff. i guess that makes sense. it would either register as good or bad smelling. but as for not liking either on guys...really? a guy has never walked by you in a crowd, and whatever he was wearing for a scent slapped you in the face (in a good way) and maybe raised your pulse a little and made you think "damn, he smelled good!"? cuz it happens to me with women from time to time. the opposite also happens, though (i.e. "damn, she smelled bad!").

i don't think most men know how to apply the proper amount.. myself included

good call. i'm not sure either. when i wear it, i use two spritzes from a spray bottle thingy. but how many spritzes is too many spritzes? i like that word....spritzes.

I think if people are giving you those looks, then maybe you applied a bit too much and the next time you can ask yourself before you go out in public-do I have way too much on or is it just my imagnation?

Or you can write down how many spritzes you have applied and maybe decide over coffee with some of your CLOSEST friends of yours and take a vote about the number of spritzes y'all think is the best for y'all to have on yall.

I wear cologne sometimes. Just when I feel like it. And it's not that shit that slaps you in the face. I usually just put a spray on and that's it. If I can smell it strong than I even feel sick from the smell. Little is nice, too much is gross.

But then again, I don't wear cheap ass stuff. One is Armani and the other one is CK

I've never liked cologne... I prefer to be rather scentless. My man horomones are enough for me.

My sister bought me this stuff that Starts with an O(Something Ocean or... I dunno), but I can't remember the name, and They don't make it anymore appearantly. People say it smells good but I don't see what is so great about it, it smells like cucumber.