Guest Prosis

Pathetic...

Apparently, some dude (probably someone who has a couple of flies in between the ears) is claiming that he wrote the whole American Idiot album back in 1992 and that Green Day stole it from him.

Paul McPike, a ski resort employee now working as a grocery store clerk filed a copyright infringement complaint last week, alleging that Green Day stole the entirety of American Idiot from a collection of songs McPike wrote in high school in 1992. His evidence? A copy of Green Day

What I wonder is since he supposedly wrote the whole thing, he wrote Boulevard of Broken Dream which have the same chords as Wonderwall...is he going to sue Noel Gallagher too

Tou gotta give that album a little credit. How many punk ballads can you name?

i give that album alot of credit. it's an amazing rock album and the only 'rock opera' i like (the who's "tommy" and pink floyd's "the wall" included (with the exception of comfortably numb which is pure awesomeness)). i'm comfortable being in the minority with this opinion.

I too think it's a great album. I think they suffered from the same thing Blink 182 did when they "grew up".

Dookie is still an amazing pop-punk album, but American Idiot is relevant and thought provoking and at times very moving, all things that make me fall in love with an album.

BRB, I'm filing for Copywrite Enfringement on Radiohead, Matthew Good, and the Decemberists because at one point or another I hummed a tune similar to there songs, at a very young age. I have no proof, other than I can hum and whistle tunes that are similar but slightly different, because they tried changing it, but really they just stole all the tunes. Back in a sec.

You've all got to be kidding. The whole album's a collection of lame, whiney cliches. All very fashionable and phoney. If I'd come up with it, and Green Day stole it, I'd rather have the world believe Green Day created it rather than have my name attached to such wankery.

You've all got to be kidding. The whole album's a collection of lame, whiney cliches. All very fashionable and phoney. If I'd come up with it, and Green Day stole it, I'd rather have the world believe Green Day created it rather than have my name attached to such wankery.

good post.