rbx260

Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park!?

What is best?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What is best?

• South Park
    • Family Guy
    • The Simpsons

I've just seen a couple of episodes (they've started to show it on the Spanish TV) and it's fun but I dont know why it looks to me very similar (I guess due to the kinda cartoons) to Family guy...

Simpsons followed by South Park, with Family Guy a distant third

This is correct.

Family Guy more like distant doesn't belong grouped with the other two shows.

The Simpsons is the best show ever put on television. South Park is one of the best shows that is still good after 10 seasons unlike the Simpsons which went starkly downhill after roughly 10. I've been watching South Park like crazy lately. They spoof Family Guy better than Family Guy could ever hope to present itself.

Edited by Gomo

I've just seen a couple of episodes (they've started to show it on the Spanish TV) and it's fun but I dont know why it looks to me very similar (I guess due to the kinda cartoons) to Family guy...

it's the same people as fam guy I believe...It's pretty lame imo.

family guy is the best by a mile, simpsons and south park were good when I was younger but they just don't do it for me anymore. Family guy for whatever reason remains funny consistently.

Aqua teen hunger force is definitely #2

No. That was....uhhh... Quads!

In terms of overall quality, and legacy, The Simpsons wins. It's had some bad years, and I haven't seen a lot of the newer stuff, but it's a modern classic. South Park gets credit for staying fairly fresh this long. Family Guy, while goodish and often funny, is little more than sketch comedy loosely strung together with nonsensical plots. They're taking their song and dance joke-within-a-joke bullshit too far these days. I don't want to see 5 minutes of footage from some idiotic musical, which is 40 years old, with Stewie animated in over it's original, presumeably terrible, child actor. Futurama, in it's prime, kicked the ass of everything on TV. I am hoping they can keep that up for the new seasons.

Venture Brothers is high on my list. It is fantastic, in every way. Same for Clone High. Undergrads was good, but like Clone High it's almost good they only lasted one season - I'm not sure where else they could have gone with it. Squidbillies is good for a laugh sometimes. 12 Oz. Mouse was bizarre beyond comprehension, and I think it was conceived, written, and animated all while high as a kite.

I have never liked Robot Chicken. It has it's moments, but 90% of it is just a showcase of Seth Green thinking he can do more than one voice. Like the Internet itself, it tends to take every joke one step too far, in terms of playing everything out so hard it's not funny any more, or ever again.

American Dad is brutally terrible in every way that doesn't involve Patrick Stewart.

King of the Hill? Seriously? It is pretty damn lame. Same with Family Guy. I can't stand either of them. My old roommate was addicted to Family Guy. It drove me nuts!

I love South Park. I can't get enough of it. It is definatly my favourite show.

Simpsons, well, they were awesome... If it comes on TV while I"m flicking through I'll watch it. I haven't seen any of the new ones.