this isn't in Sticky Situations for a reason.

this thread is for you to describe the first time you heard a song of your choice.

i'll tell my story (its not much of a story, i admit) so you can see what i'm talking about.

the song: A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash

I was sitting outside of The Northmart in The Pas, MB in the parking lot with my father when it came on CJ1240 (town radio station)

he told me, "listen to this..."

"alright" i told him, not really going to pay as much attention to it as he was probably expecting.

and i gotta say, i was blown away by the simplicity and humor of Cash's greatness.

and this completes the thread/story i felt like sharing.

now your turn(s)

How To Save a Life by the Fray. it was played during the best written episode of any TV show EVER. that episode was was "My Lunch" (season 5 episode 20) on Scrubs. Just watch the episode. I got tingles from it.

How To Save a Life by the Fray. it was played during the best written episode of any TV show EVER. that episode was was "My Lunch" (season 5 episode 20) on Scrubs. Just watch the episode. I got tingles from it.

Ditto, except replace that song with 'Hold on Hope' by Guided by Voices, and a different episode.

PS: Johnny Cash didn't write A Boy Named Sue! It was Shel Silverstein.

A guy I was in love with once, sent me "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds Five, and the lyrics:

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties

And one day passed away in his sleep

And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days

And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong

Just stuck out so much, it sent shivers down my spine.

It's not much of a story. But I guess it's the feelings attached to the song, that makes it a story to me *shrug*

Edited by Muran

My brothers and sisters grew up listening to 70s rock, or whatever, and I felt the need to distance my self from them.

In 1996 I went to a bar here in Buffalo, to see a group called moe., they are a "jamband", but I feel its more based on the jazz fusion of Frank Zappa. Well I was hooked, long improv pieces, and everyone was so talented.

That got me into the whole jamband scene, where I am still this day. I did like Phish alot, but the more bands I heard, I felt Phish was subpar.

Try moe., and Umphrey's Mcgee, they don't dissapoint.

Everything is Automatic (My favorite MGB song)

I had just moved to MA, and we had muchmusic on our cable service(They replaced it with FUSE the fuckers)

I was coming in from work, and changed the channels (My ex was watching murder she wrote or something) to MM. What I saw and heard was amazing!!! It just reached me. From that moment on, I wanted more...to this day, I listen to MG and MGB almost everyday. It was just such a powerful song.

I had just moved 115 miles away from home, and it just seemed to be about my life...

I miss my lazy boy

I miss my TV

I miss myself

Do you miss your lazy boy

Do you miss your TV

Do you miss yourself