heyrabbit

Bad Habits

the search didn't show any previous threads on this.

anyway, yeah, I have this annoying habit of twisting my hair into knots. I don't even realize what I've done until there's these retarded knots in my hair that look like dreads. they're so knotted up I can't undo them.

I bite the skin around my thumbs. Nervous habit. I will stop for the longest time but as soon as I get stressed, my thumbs are a-bleeding.

i do that too. not to the point that any blood is shed, but it's my substitute for nail biting. i chew the inside of my lip too.

the search didn't show any previous threads on this.

anyway, yeah, I have this annoying habit of twisting my hair into knots. I don't even realize what I've done until there's these retarded knots in my hair that look like dreads. they're so knotted up I can't undo them.

Seconded except the dread part. Rasta!

I bite the skin around my thumbs.  Nervous habit.  I will stop for the longest time but as soon as I get stressed, my thumbs are a-bleeding.

i do that too. not to the point that any blood is shed, but it's my substitute for nail biting. i chew the inside of my lip too.

I have never bitten my nails, just always the skin. I do bite my lip but not the inside. I'll bite more towards to outside of my bottom and I am totally trying to stop that.

my latest bad habit is putting my legs up, resting my left foot (always the left for some reason) on the handle of my dresser thingy with my keyboard on my lap when i use my comp. this is a bad habit because i've developed a callous on the back of my left heal and loosened the handle from having the weight of my legs on it.

I bite my nails. I used to smoke. Oh, and if you're Catholic I think masturbation might fall under this category... so I'm guilty there too

the question is, how many times a day are you guilty of it?

but yeah, biting my nails too, still smoke, putting off homework till the last minute, etc, etc, etc.

Bad Habits:

biting the skin around my nails (stopped biting my nails in 6th grade and had to find a substitute I guess)

biting the inside of my cheeks and lip

cracking my knuckles (I don't even notice myself doing it)

picking at my pores, even though I have a pretty clear complexion (sick, I know. I consider this my worst habit, especially since I have sensitive skin and it does the opposite of help)

procrastinating

spending too much time here instead of getting things done

researching everything, even if it's useless information.

smoking too much pot by myself at night (I don't drink or smoke cigarettes though, so I deserve something don't I? It's the lesser of three evils in my opinion)

and like Ryan, thinking about things more than I should is definitely a bad habit of mine. I'm trying to learn to go with my instincs more, because they always seem to prove right in the end.

** wow, my list is long. I suck.

Edited by Christing