mself084

Ultimate Video Game Console Debate

What console do you like the best?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What console do you like the best?

• XBox 360
    • PS3
    • Nintendo Wii
    • PC

i hope the wii kicks ass, just cuz i like to root for the underdog. i haven't been impressed with the 360 yet. i keep thinking that maybe they're withholding all the cool games to coincide with the ps3 being released. i'm done buying consoles anyway. xbox was the last. from now on, i only play what my friends are silly enough to drop coin on ;)

Nevermind about my question. Apparently the Wii WILL have online capability, and you can d/l the classic games.

$5 for a NES game, 8 for a SNES and 10 for an N64. Seems reasonable to me.

not to mention Genesis for $8 and TurboGrafx-16 for $6

edit: apparently they're making a sort of retro super NES looking controler for the older games look here to see it.

wow, i wasn't looking forward to any of the systems.... but if i can download old snes and genesis games, i might consider the wii

I still find that a pc is the best for gaming, especially online gaming.

Wow, a lot of people are liking the Wii. I, for one, don't think Nintendo's made a good system since the SNES. Their last two systems have been dramatically underpowered. And, I'm really sick of the 100th reincarnation of Mario and Link. I'm still really confused by their controller too. I quite honestly think it's the most ridiciously thought out controller ever released. I'm actually fond of Sony's new controller, although still similar to the PS2's, it has motion sensors. I was hoping for the pressure sensitive buttons for this generation, but I don't think that will happen.

I really need to read this board more often, just in case people ask questions I can answer.

The Wii online service is free (entirely unlike Live), unless it's specific to the game that you have to pay (like subscription-based games). It's also got built-in wireless capabilities, so if you have a router that broadcasts a wireless connection, then you're gold.

And despite having played with every major console that's been out since the 3DO went under (that I can think of, at least), and some that I should never have touched (a friend's Virtual Boy, for example), the PC still rocks the house.

[Edit: Though, as before, I'm still very excited to see the Wii. Also, I've never played a PSP or N-Gage, and don't care.]

Edited by cringleman

Yes, but while online is free for Wii and PS3, I just don't see the same level of commitment from them as Microsoft. Also, from what I've read, their level of content will not be as expansive.

Also, don't forget, Microsoft does have a free online. They have two services, Silver and Gold.

Edited by matrix

I voted for Xbox 360. Mainly I'm a fan of Microsoft's game systems because they have consistantly put out games that kick ass. Also, it seems like the 360 has the best quality for the best price (out of the Wii, and PS3). Xbox 360= excellent graphics, good memory systems, and amazing games.

I heard on the news at lunch that some PS3's have gone for $11,000 in the States on ebay...

Can't believe some people. I'm guessing the people paying that much are parents trying to please their snot-nosed, whiny little kids.

EDIT: Here's one...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/PS3-Sony-PlayStation-3-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by mself084

yawn, the Rainbow 6 vegas Multiplayer demo got released last night. I'm simply in shock of how great this game is. Download the demo from the marketplace if you have live.. it's like they combined al the awesome elements from previous rainbow 6's, ghost recons, and spliner cells, to form one awesome game.

Wow, i wish i would've reserved a ps3 and bought it today.... Coulda made myself a healthy profit

i saw a guy on the news today locally who bought a few and sold them. said he paid his university tuition for the year doing it.

dang... im honestly disappointed, i coulda made some good cashola

Wow, i wish i would've reserved a ps3 and bought it today.... Coulda made myself a healthy profit

i saw a guy on the news today locally who bought a few and sold them. said he paid his university tuition for the year doing it.

dang... im honestly disappointed, i coulda made some good cashola

that's pretty much what i thought when i saw him.

edit: hindsight's 20/20. foresight's worth money! :angry: ;)

Edited by 13chris13