sodamntired

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

working at Target one day, i rang up an interesting purchase...volume 4 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, only this wasn't the weak version they are pushing on children today, nope, this was the original animated series from the late 80s/early 90s.

having fond memories, i went to the entertainment section and picked up the only copy we (target) has...and i have been watching this dvd every free moment i have, and i've got to tell you, there is so much comedy in this that there is no way i appreciated when i was a child.

my favorite bit that i can pass on is after the turtles have reversed a machine created by Shredder and Krang that was flooding the city, it begins to suck the water back up

Raphael: "hey, the water is receding!"

Michaelangelo: "what clue told you that?"

okay, probably not as funny reading this as it is...so let's try this one

Krang about to tell Shredder the story of how an alien gem made it to Earth

"Do you have time for a flashback?"

"absolutely"

and on the newspaper editor's birthday, he is talking to his much younger girlfriend

"so how old are you baby?"

"i am fifff....i am fifff...i am thirty-something."

so i've got to tell you, if you remember this animated gem from your youth, definetly look for a copy. its a trip back to a time that you have probably forgot.

Did you guys know that Shredder was voiced by Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince of Bel-air.

Sadly, I think I knew that in the back of my brain. I think it was in the file; "Things-Will-Not-Only-Not-Help-You-Get-Laid-But-Will-Infact-Hinder-Said-Laying."