malarky

Partial Tracklisting

Matt has posted a partial tracklisting of the new album on his flickr page. He says its a tease, and as such the song titles are not entirely visible, but it looks like we can count on: Can't Get Shot in the Back if You Don't Run, If I was a Tidal Wave, She's in it For the Money, and Metal Airplanes making an appearance.

If I manage to link this properly it should be viewable here

Matt's Flickr page.

1. Can't Get Shot In The Back

2. If I Was A Tidal Wave

3. Breath Of A Nation

4. She's In It For The Money

5. Single Spark Explosion (?)

6. Prost-Elite

7. Open Window (?)

8. Champions Of Nothing

9. 99% Of Us Is Failure

10. True Love Will Find You In The End (Daniel Johnston)

12. Moon Over Marin (Dead Kennedys)

13. Metal Airplanes

*Note, 3 semi-known titles are missing from this list (which, if the picture revealed all, should have 16 titles). These are: The Boy Come Home, When Hollywood Runs Out of Indians, and Black Helicopter (though titles may have been changed).

Edited by haircut-rabbit

1. Can't Get Shot In The Back

2. If I Was A Tidal Wave

3. Breath Of A Nation

5. Single Spark Explosion (?)

6. Prost-Elite

7. Open Window (?)

8. Champions Of Nothing

9. 99% Of Us Is Failure

10. True Love Will Find You In The End (Daniel Johnston)

12. Moon Over Marin (Dead Kennedys)

13. Metal Airplanes

*Note, 3 semi-known titles are missing from this list (which, if the picture revealed all, should have 16 titles). These are: The Boy Come Home, When Hollywood Runs Out of Indians, and Black Helicopter (though titles may have been changed).

How'd you figure out the titles?

edit: blog post titles?

Because Matt is so open about his life his posts are very focussed on the moment. As a result, Matt tends to give hints about the songs he's writing be they stylistic clues, pieces of lyrics, titles, etc. If you're a devote MG blog reader some of these titles may have been very easy to piece together. None of these are by any means certain, merely my guesses. The ones with the '(??)' I'm shakey on... the missing two I'm completely out to lunch on.

Edited by haircut-rabbit

Hmm...makes me excited for the new cd, but at the same time if these are the actual songs than I will be somewhat disappointed that I have heard some of them (eventhough they were demos and could be changed) it kinda takes the real excitement away from the new cd release...but there are also others songs which will be great!

Is this what everyone has gathered?

1. Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run

2. If I Was A Tidal Wave

3. Breath Of A Nation

5. Single Spark Explosion

6. Prost-Elite

7. Open Window

8. Champions Of Nothing

9. 99% Of Us Is Failure

10. Love Will Find You In The End - Daniel Johnston Cover.

11. Pete

12. Moon Over Marin - Dead Kennedy

Edited by mikeymackinon

When searching through his site he mentioned that he liked it as a kid or something. Look through his blog archive and match up the titles.

he had an entry called moon over marin just a little while back. i love that song. hard to imagine how matthew good covering a dead kennedys song would sound. i could see it being something along the lines of carmelina, i guess. oh the anticipation.

I have a feeling your #11 is Pete.

For some reason I can't see Matt naming a song after one of his dogs, no matter how important they are to him. At least not so blatantly. But you're right in so far as it's got to be a short one word title... I was thinking 'Home' as in 'The Boy Come Home'... but maybe that's because I so badly want that song on the album.

Edited by haircut-rabbit