malarky

Partial Tracklisting

Isn't Pete Matt's guitar tech - the kid on looser anthems who play the voice of the monkey? Didn't Matt say that at one of shows? Maybe it's nephew or do I have the bad end of a story?

Matt knows a Pete (I forget who he is) and one of his dogs is also named Pete. I think he named the dog after the friend.

I don't think black helicopter is good enough also it doesn't fit the sound if the album, if the album is mostly acoustic. Then again the songs that we already know of may have been re done.

Anyone notice the release date of Floyd's - Meddle (1971)

Edited by mikeymackinon

Slow Poke looks to long if you look at the song before it.

I thought the same thing too at first, but the songs higher up in the list have more letters that are cut off. The picture doesn't appear to have been taken diagonally, so it seems to me that the margin isn't even. Look at how much of Single Spark Explosion is cut off. The first two words are. That definitely leaves enough room for Slow Poke, hypothetically of course.

It's probably wrong but I'm just joining in the guessing game. IMO it's too weird to be a MG song title, but I'd think the same thing about Single Spark Explosion.

You mean Pete Townshend? The genius behind The Who? He's more of Matt's idol than his friend, I believe (since I think they only met on one occasion and he mistook Matt for a roadie).

Honestly I couldn't tell you because I don't know. You sound like you know better than I so I suppose you are right! I still don't think he'd name a song Pete, but then what do I know?

Edited by Russell

It is cool that matt has posted a little teaser...

I personally would rather wait til the release before I offically know the songs on the list... then again this isnt offical in my opinion. He could be just tricking us all. I definitly like alot of the demos that where already released but will have to admit I would rather see, well all o fthem on a B-side and have this next album completely fresh. Theres just something about buying a brand new cd you've been waiting for for so long putting it into your cd player for the first time and just kicking back and listening to it. It gets harder and harder to do now that everything is streamed via P2P and pre-released.

To conclude this little post.

Im really excited to see some progress (whether its a trick or not) and I do hope hes got some master plan to put a twist on everything so that in the end we all stand in awe the moment we get our hands on it.

I personally would rather wait til the release before I offically know the songs on the list... then again this isnt offical in my opinion. He could be just tricking us all. I definitly like alot of the demos that where already released but will have to admit I would rather see, well all o fthem on a B-side and have this next album completely fresh. Theres just something about buying a brand new cd you've been waiting for for so long putting it into your cd player for the first time and just kicking back and listening to it. It gets harder and harder to do now that everything is streamed via P2P and pre-released.

Im really excited to see some progress (whether its a trick or not) and I do hope hes got some master plan to put a twist on everything so that in the end we all stand in awe the moment we get our hands on it.

I'm pretty sure he's not trying to trick you guys. But yeah, don't worry. I don't think this is the full list at all.

I personally would rather wait til the release before I offically know the songs on the list... then again this isnt offical in my opinion. He could be just tricking us all. I definitly like alot of the demos that where already released but  will have to admit I would rather see, well all o fthem on a B-side and have this next album completely fresh. Theres just something about buying a brand new cd you've been waiting for for so long putting it into your cd player for the first time and just kicking back and listening to it. It gets harder and harder to do now that everything is streamed via P2P and pre-released.

Im really excited to see some progress (whether its a trick or not) and I do hope hes got some master plan to put a twist on everything so that  in the end we all stand in awe the moment we get our hands on it.

I'm pretty sure he's not trying to trick you guys. But yeah, don't worry. I don't think this is the full list at all.

Have to agree that I don't think it's a full list. I've read on his blog, and from many of you as well, that he wanted to make a double CD. As far as I'm concerned, 16 songs is by no means enough for a double CD.

I personally would rather wait til the release before I offically know the songs on the list... then again this isnt offical in my opinion. He could be just tricking us all. I definitly like alot of the demos that where already released but  will have to admit I would rather see, well all o fthem on a B-side and have this next album completely fresh. Theres just something about buying a brand new cd you've been waiting for for so long putting it into your cd player for the first time and just kicking back and listening to it. It gets harder and harder to do now that everything is streamed via P2P and pre-released.

Im really excited to see some progress (whether its a trick or not) and I do hope hes got some master plan to put a twist on everything so that  in the end we all stand in awe the moment we get our hands on it.

Have to agree that I don't think it's a full list. I've read on his blog, and from many of you as well, that he wanted to make a double CD. As far as I'm concerned, 16 songs is by no means enough for a double CD.

Unless he makes all the songs 8 minutes long.

He said, that if he does have enough songs to produce a double album and the label doesnt go for it. that he might just release it off his website?

Im not 100% sure he said that or not, but if he did do you think that he would just release it in digital format (like itunes) or would you tihnk he would release it as an actual cd that you order... like off amazon?

He said, that if he does have enough songs to produce a double album and the label doesnt go for it. that he might just release it off his website?

Im not 100% sure he said that or not, but if he did do you think that he would just release it in digital format (like itunes) or would you tihnk he would release it as an actual cd that you order... like off amazon?

Amazon doesn't work like that, they only sell "published music" e.g. available in a store somewhere. But if he did I bet he'd just iTunes them or put em up on a site.

I'd bet itunes, or maybe self burnt cd's that he'll ship out for a fee, which computer or hand printed tracklistings.

That would be wicked.

You're dreaming ;)

At any rate I imagine that if the label doesn't go for it (i don't see why they wouldn't though as they did release the 3 CD 'in a coma') that he'd just put them up on his site for download ala blog player he sometimes uses to tease us with sound-bytes. Of course the bandwidth would cost a pretty penny so there would probably have to be some sort of payment if he wants to have them up for an extended time but I really have no idea how much it costs to host media files.

I'd bet itunes, or maybe self burnt cd's that he'll ship out for a fee, which computer or hand printed tracklistings.

That would be wicked.

You're dreaming ;)

At any rate I imagine that if the label doesn't go for it (i don't see why they wouldn't though as they did release the 3 CD 'in a coma') that he'd just put them up on his site for download ala blog player he sometimes uses to tease us with sound-bytes. Of course the bandwidth would cost a pretty penny so there would probably have to be some sort of payment if he wants to have them up for an extended time but I really have no idea how much it costs to host media files.

I am well aware that I am dreaming.