Alex Ross

Unicorns Of 911

You are, I asked him and he said it didn't mean anything, that he just came up with it some day

I bet he did.

Yes...I don't get your reply... ;)

Yes...I don't get your reply... ;)

I found it hard to believe you were in contact with Matt, but I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Not that I have to justify myself to you but, as Anton pointed out, I've been working on Matt's websites for the past 6 years so, yes I am in contact with Matt! So thanks for your benefit of the doubt!

Edited by Prosis

It's a boring story but ok:

In 1999 I wanted to build a website about MGB and I had just started making websites. Being that there was already one kickass website (Lenny Hodgins's) and the official MGB website (also ran by Lenny), I saw no real reason to make another MGB english website. So I started looking around for a french MGB website and, as it turns out, there weren't any. So I decided to build the first french MGB website on the web and I was in contact with Lenny a lot. After a year of existence, I asked Lenny if the band would want to have an official french website and he referred me to Christy Thompson who, at the time, was the Matt's assistant (this is her official title but I think she was also some sort of manager). So I emailed her thinking I was never going to get an answer. But two weeks later, I got an email with "Rich Priske" written as the "From". I thought at first it was some fan who used that name on his email as some do. As I opened it, the email address was [email protected]. He asked me if I wanted to make the french side of mgb.com. I didn't know it at the time but now that I know Matt a little more, I'm sure Christy asked Matt, Rich and maybe Ian (because Dave didn't even look at the official website since he doesn't like the Internet) and they probably just went "sure why not". It's not something they needed you know?

Anyhow, I started working with Lenny on the new official website for Beautiful Midnight. I worked on the french version and he worked on the english version.

A year later Lenny left so Rich started taking care of mgb.com. Later on, when the band really broke up at the beginning of fall of 2001, the record company pushed me aside and blocked all access to the server and the official french website died during the winter of 2002 as they refused to link me. I don't really know why but that's the magic of record companies.

So in 2002, there wasn't really an active official website since Matt was sort of putting his shit together writing and preparing Avalanche. During that time, Universal made the official website which wasn't anything much. Then Matt hired Sagar Vashishta for a little while until the official website was replaced by nationofcool.com made by Taylor Matthews until Matt decided to just make blogs at the end of 2003 (while he was working on WLRRR). The during 2004, I helped him a bit with mg.org and, in the fall, we set up a forum which we abandoned about two days later after a row between a dweeb and Matt. Then I just did periodical support on Matt's website from 2005 to January 2007 (this new website I had nothing to do with).

That's the story! ;)

You're welcome

And I taught myself but later got a college diploma in computer programming and website designs was part of it :angry:

Edit: sorry for the bad grammar and general mistakes in my story, I just read it and I realized that I should really read what I write before posting lol ;)

Edited by Prosis