• Television
    • Newpaper
    • Internet
    • BBC
    • CBC
    • CNN
    • Fox
    • Other (please specify)

I am curious where people get their news and why they choose to get their news where they do.

Personally i check out a lot of places on the net, including DailyKos, i have an account with them and GNN where i post articles and read etc. Anyone else into indy media or media in general?

I put this in the political thread because media in my opinion is inherantly political (just look at the owners of most major media news outlets).

Annnnddd Go.

EDIT: I forgot to make "other" a choice, so if it is other, please post which it is.

Edited by supercanuk

Daily Show/Colbert Report

I don't believe everything I see but they are the only ones willing to point out the retardation that exists in society.

I was just coming in here to point that out. I mean, say what you will but they cover all of the major news events of the day and they make it entertaining as well. When I need to catch the local stories or more serious coverage, I use CBC though. Nothing better.

I always skim through the newspaper every morning because my parents subscribe to the Ottawa Citizen.

I also watch a lot of CNN, & sorta dart around the different news stations like CBC newsworld, sometimes Fox, & sometimes the nightly 6:30 news on NBC/ABC/CBS/PBS and just check out the headlines. also tune into Global National to see the top stories, sometimes tune into CBC national news at 10pm but i'm usually busy that late.

I like CBC news but try to get more than their coverage because i don't fully trust a news program/station owned by the government. CBC does sometimes have a left-leaning, Liberal bias. However i find Global has a conservative bias, but not so bad most of the time.

Also like watching Studio 2 & some news talkradio.

basically i get my news from a ton of places, but mostly newspaper, Global/CBC, and CNN. For some reason i don't read a lot of news on the internet unless someone (like MG or one of u guys) refers an article.

hehe definitely.

It's really important to get your news from as many places as possible. Id suggest people who are interested in the media to compare the BBC, or Aljazeera, to Fox, CNN, and even CBC. They are all quite different, but most importantly is whose interests do they serve? I think that

Edited by supercanuk

Where is the option "I make my own news"?

London, ON - Several university professors have disappeared in the last few days, all from the Faculty of Science at the University of Western Ontario. Sources close to the professors speculate a group of disruntled undergrads are holding them hostage until they give them copies of upcoming exams.

What a world it would be.

mostly from the online version of the most important newspapers (both american, british and spanish ones), although i also buy pretty often the spanish paper version of "El Pais", which is the most important newspaper in my country

you may want to check this website with lots of newspapers from all over the world online: www.onlinenewspapers.com

I couldn't really tell you where I get my worldly news...but to be honest I don't have much interest in the news as it's always the same thing just a different day...sad way to look at it I know but I haven't seen much of a change in many years.

For the most part though I get more information when I talk to you Erik in like an hour than I do in months normally...lol

I get my news from Fox News because their commercials told me that they were 'fair and balanced.' I don't think a commercial would lie to me now, would it?

lol, too true..

I usually watch CBC or CTV news... I usually checkout corpwatch once a day online. If i'm looking for a laugh i'll turn on Fox News though.