Crusader

Ask Geoff ( Memorial Thread )

Mod edit: January 31, 2010 - Please read this post. This thread will remain open as a memorial for Geoff.

"the old guy" (aka Geoff Lloyd) is hear to answer your questions!

But before you ask them remember these few simple rules to keep it running smoothly:

1) If you just want to talk to Geoff... try to do it through PM or at least keep the question train going.

2) Keep it civil.

3) Look over the thread to see if your question's been answered already.

For those of you who don't know much about Geoff, he played bass for MGB. He now performs in a band of his own.

I'll throw it over to Geoff now.

Edited by Crusader

O.K....first things first...put on the Ramones go into work tomrrow throw your finger in the air and let those sheep know that you don't give a FUCK what they think about you!!!

Now...SCREAM YER DAMN HEAD OFF!!!!

Feel better? Good.

Don't let ANYBODY tell you what you can or can not do....

Go write a song.....

Cheers.

i don't work, but sometimes i do like to throw my finger in the air at random strangers. i just thought there might be questions you didn't want asked.

so i was gonna ask you what kinda stuff you listen to besides your own band. i take it you're a ramones fan?

*Laughing Hysterically* I don't know how I feel about you saying you're old...shit, you're only 5 years older than me...

I already don't care what they think about me, can I go with the Dead Boys, instead of the Ramones?

And Mrs Jesus, how come you never offer to have phone sex with me? I'm getting a complex, and I'm a fellow Southerner at that.

How much of the writing process did you participate in? A lot of your don't sound like someone just said play it like this.

Is there a song that stands out to you from those discs, that you love more than the rest?

Do you throw in MGB covers in your current live shows?

I have more questions, but I'll start small...

Edited by bishopx

Well... Straping Young Lad...Mad Sin ...The Living End ...Sex pistols...The Clash...The Quakes...Deadcats...blah blah blah..

i saw strapping young lad live in houston.. they put on a great show. so you like a lot of old school stuff, eh? what about alice in chains? lie and say yes even if you don't like them.

bishopx, i don't know, but mass. isn't very southern. i don't actually have phone sex, you know. (but i do have the voice for it)

*Laughing Hysterically* I don't know how I feel about you saying you're old...shit, you're only 5 years older than me...

I already don't care what they think about me, can I go with the Dead Boys, instead of the Ramones?

And Mrs Jesus, how come you never offer to have phone sex with me? I'm getting a complex, and I'm a fellow Southerner at that.

How much of the writing process did you participate in? A lot of your don't sound like someone just said play it like this.

Is there a song that stands out to you from those discs, that you love more than the rest?

Do you throw in MGB covers in your current live shows?

I have more questions, but I'll start small...

Listen to the records...[cd's?]...all of the bass stuff was done on the fly...if you listen you can hear the infuence.

It was the '90's after all!!!Primus RHCP Iron Maiden...melodic bass...without being too busy.I think.

Well... Straping Young Lad...Mad Sin ...The Living End ...Sex pistols...The Clash...The Quakes...Deadcats...blah blah blah..

i saw strapping young lad live in houston.. they put on a great show. so you like a lot of old school stuff, eh? what about alice in chains? lie and say yes even if you don't like them.

bishopx, i don't know, but mass. isn't very southern. i don't actually have phone sex, you know. (but i do have the voice for it)

North Carolina, born and bred. I just live up in these parts, never called em home, never will...

I know you don't, I was just playing with you. I may have to hear that some time. I love Alice In Chains, by the way...(Bleed The Freak is my favorite song)I met Jerry in RI when they opened for VH, many moons ago.

Geoff, I picked up on the melodic bass, for on the fly playing it was very clean.

North Carolina, born and bred. I just live up in these parts, never called em home, never will...

I know you don't, I was just playing with you. I may have to hear that some time. I love Alice In Chains, by the way...(Bleed The Freak is my favorite song)I met Jerry in RI when they opened for VH, many moons ago.

Geoff, I picked up on the melodic bass, for on the fly playing it was very clean.

i can imagine why you wouldn't want to call that home. especially after coming from the south.

fyi, alice is my favourite band ever - i've been listening to them since i was 13 and i was lucky enough to see them live when layne was still alive, so they're pretty special to me. cantrell's solo stuff rules also.

but this thread isn't about me (I KNOW, NO ONE EVER MADE AN ASK MRS JESUS THREAD, WHAT THE CRAP) so we should discuss this elsewhere, sir.

I realize it's going back quite a ways, but do you remember any particularly wicked gigs with MGB? *coughpleasesayEdgefest98Vancouvercough*

Strange fan encounters?

In case there's complete memory loss of that time in your life, any wicked road/gig story will do. Rock stories rule.

Edited by nerd glasses