Crusader

Ask Geoff ( Memorial Thread )

geoff: ever destroy your gear on stage?

I think doing that is a crime! It makes me sad ;)

agreed. i hate seeing rock stars put their guitar through their amp and such. breaks me heart.

I would like to destroy the instruments of most of your favorite musicians.

geoff, have you seen 300 yet? if so, is it worth watching?

i haven't been to a theatre in months.

it will be more worth watching on a big screen than it will at home.

What's your favorite song of Matt's solo career thus far?

avalanche

/not actually geoff. but just as good.

;)

jeff, why is it i'm dropping 10 grand a year on school, yet strangely never go and feel the need to not start assignments until 6 am the morning they're due?

as for smashing your gear on stage - stupid. did that once, and not in a spectacle kind of way. played a show for about 20 people shortly after some bad news had arrived. the guitar was going out of tune much more than usual, so much that if i had a break in the song, i had to retune it, the input jack was fucked and the guitar kept cutting out, then during the last song (in a 'born to kill' type conclusion), managed to bust two strings. so in a fit of serious frustration, took it off, took one baseball swing to the club's riser, broke the neck half. then proceeded to walk home and leave my gear at club (luckily, my guitarist knew of the "situation", and he picked up what was left for me).

i definitely regret that decision though. hence why i no longer drink before going onstage, and turn my cell phone off by noon.

so yes, i don't suggest it, chances are you're not making enough money playing these shows to easily afford a new one.