Crusader

Ask Geoff ( Memorial Thread )

After having our 5 string vs 4 string mini-discussion, I was wondering, what basses, amps and effects (if any!) did you use during your MGB time?

Early days a Trace Elliot 2X10 combo into a Fane 4X10 and a home made Warmoth bass. Later it was a Hamer bass with a 2Tek bridge and a Mesa Boogie Bass 400+. Bought that one off Nicklebacks old bassist....piece of complete SHIT!!!!

No pedals, Matt wouldn't let me use 'em...bass-cord-amp.

Hey Geoff tell me, how did the whole credit thing work? By that I mean how was it stated that Matt and Dave wrote the music to all the songs except for songs like Alabama Motel Room, Rico, etc credited to the band?

Matt wrote the songs on his guitar of piano and then Dave and Matt would write all the part for you and Ian to play?

This question came to me after you said you and Ian wrote the riff for Indestructible but were not actually credited for it.

Why Ottawa?

Thanks for the insight on the bass effects or lack there of. I just don't get why. When I've been playing HTB or Indestructible, I've been using this neat old pedal, that puts an reverb/echo effect on the sound...it just makes the sound that much cooler. It's a testament to your ability that you made the sounds that you did without any effects.

Why Ottawa?

Thanks for the insight on the bass effects or lack there of. I just don't get why. When I've been playing HTB or Indestructible, I've been using this neat old pedal, that puts an reverb/echo effect on the sound...it just makes the sound that much cooler. It's a testament to your ability that you made the sounds that you did without any effects.

My in-laws.

Thanx but I think Warne snuck some shit on my tracks after the fact...thank geebuz.

...oh, and what you need is an envelope filter or an auto-wha......Ottawa????

... oh, and how come I didn't make the cut fer the scetch at the top of the page???LOL!!!

Ahhh In-Laws...hopefully your mother in law is better about keeping her clothes on than my Ex-Mother in law...there were years when I saw her naked more than my wife...CREEPY AS HELL!!!!

Warne got creative with the Bass mix...makes sense.

And yeah, kind of odd that you weren't included.

My in-laws.

Thanx but I think Warne snuck some shit on my tracks after the fact...thank geebuz.

...oh, and what you need is an envelope filter or an auto-wha......Ottawa????

... oh, and how come I didn't make the cut fer the scetch at the top of the page???LOL!!!

i'm standing on top of you, obviously. i have to be, because on that banner i look tall and i'm not tall.