Crusader

Ask Geoff ( Memorial Thread )

Wow I checked this board today for the first time in a while and was confronted by a lot of RIPs. I thought it was a joke- that he had sworn off posting or something. Just terrible.

This thread was nine miles of awesome. It was great how open he was about his days in the band, plus his general awesomeness.

I hate to even imagine what "his demons getting the best of him" means. Actually, I don't think I want to know. ;)

Rest in peace, Geoff.

Edited by uglyredhonda

...this blows.

RIP and thanks for the great great contributions you made to 2 of my favorite albums of all time (LOTGA would not have been the same without your grooves). Just a stellar and utterly fresh bass player who will be missed.

My condolances to his family and wife who apparently lost her mother 2 weeks ago as well. Can't and don't want to try and imagine what this must be like for her.

Such a shame. Cannot express how sad this makes me feel. My deepest sympathies to Lisa and the rest of his family. You have my condolences.

There's not much more I can add that hasn't been said already. Thanks for being so active and helpful in this community. I can speak on behalf of everyone when I say we really appreciated it. Thank you for putting your creativity into something that has brought all of us here in the first place. You're the reason I picked up an instrument, and you were always my favourite part of MGB from day 1. A band that has helped me through the majority of my life and has given me the passion for music that I now have, that wasn't always there.

We will miss you, sir.