Crusader

Ask Geoff ( Memorial Thread )

I think it's funny that the "Punk Kids" think it's funny that I talk about punk, refering to The Clash, the Pistols, The Ramones The Damned...bla bla bla...'What??? Haven't you heard "The ANAL BLEEDING CUNT FUCKS"????....uhhhhh......no.Guess I ain't that punk.

Well, they broke up after their first gig.Formed the "Fist Jesus Crew" with the same members doin' the same songs....

WHOOO HOOO!!!!PUNK AS FUCK!!!!...............sheep. ;)

I think unless you were there, with the sweat and grit and leather jackets with spikes all over them you can't really have an idea. It's probably hard for kids today to tell the difference between 'fasion punks' and a real punk band.

while waiting for my soup at lunch I hear a Lou Reed song on the radio . . the fellow is 30 and didn't recognize it.

(I caught the 'punk wave' the second time around, during the 80's . . . it was still pretty hard core though. Here in Van it was GREAT, the New York Theatre at the bottom of Commercial used to play all-ages shows all the time. then serve beer. Ah, the old days)

I think it's funny that the "Punk Kids" think it's funny that I talk about punk, refering to The Clash, the Pistols, The Ramones The Damned...bla bla bla...'What??? Haven't you heard "The ANAL BLEEDING CUNT FUCKS"????....uhhhhh......no.Guess I ain't that punk.

Well, they broke up after their first gig.Formed the "Fist Jesus Crew" with the same members doin' the same songs....

WHOOO HOOO!!!!PUNK AS FUCK!!!!...............sheep. ;)

I think unless you were there, with the sweat and grit and leather jackets with spikes all over them you can't really have an idea. It's probably hard for kids today to tell the difference between 'fasion punks' and a real punk band.

while waiting for my soup at lunch I hear a Lou Reed song on the radio . . the fellow is 30 and didn't recognize it.

(I caught the 'punk wave' the second time around, during the 80's . . . it was still pretty hard core though. Here in Van it was GREAT, the New York Theatre at the bottom of Commercial used to play all-ages shows all the time. then serve beer. Ah, the old days)

not a question for geoff (yay tangents!), but here's links to two essays on the subject of 'punk' by someone who knows a thing or two about the subject:

a punk manifesto

a punk synopsis

Geoff, what type of Bass(Brand, Model, Year) do you prefer?

The one that feels good, sounds great and doesn't have anymore than 5 strings.

If you play it and you like it...it's good. Just make music on it. I've been selling guitars fer A LOOOOOOOOOONG time and I get that question all the time and I always give that answer. 9 times outta 10 customer is happy. I sold a guitar to Hugh Dillon once...Happy camper.

Besides...I build my own basses...and no, I'm not takin' any orders right now.

Hi Geoff, just a couple of questions

Back in the day were the Fans in Calgary just as bad as they are now? How stressed out was Matt when the band started to get famous? And who was your favorite groupie back in the day?

Thanks Geoffr.

Calgary's never been "bad".My mom's fron there. Matt was never "stressed" nor were any of us when it came to success. It's what we wanted after all.If you're stressed by it all yo're in the wong business!!!

Groupies???? The chick from Peteborough.....LOL!!!My wife doesn't count as a "Groupie"!!!!I married her 5 Years after the fact. ;)

Yeah. Something like that. I've always thought...low action, perfect set-up = pro.

Maybe fer the studio but not so much if yer a live player like me with absolutly NO finnese!!! I wanted to be Jaco but came across as Lemmy!!!LOL!!!I beat the livin' SHIT outta those things a realized that low action and babying that thing was gettin' me nowhere!!! Mind you, it has to play WELL just set it up fer YOU not "by the book".

IF IT WERKS FER YOU DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU IT'S WRONG.

Make music anyway you can. Just don't suck.

Edited by the old guy

Geoff,

What are some of your favourite Matthew Good Band (or solo) songs after the Underdogs era? Do you have a particular favourite mgb (or solo) album that he's released since you left? Would you like to be on the larger scope of things again when it comes to popularity and fame or do you prefer things as it is right now?

Geoff, what type of Bass(Brand, Model, Year) do you prefer?

The one that feels good, sounds great and doesn't have anymore than 5 strings.

If you play it and you like it...it's good. Just make music on it. I've been selling guitars fer A LOOOOOOOOOONG time and I get that question all the time and I always give that answer. 9 times outta 10 customer is happy. I sold a guitar to Hugh Dillon once...Happy camper.

Besides...I build my own basses...and no, I'm not takin' any orders right now.

That is so awesome.

I have 4 basses right now, I like them all...I have an old Jazz P Bass, that I truly love. Each one, was a love at first play though...The guys at the music store see me coming and pull out some really great ones for me to play with.

Do you have a bass or guitar, that you've carried with you for a long time, or had the longest? Can you tell us about it?

What do you prefer for electronics? Pickups, etc?