garsk

New Name For Joint Task Force 2?

Of all the stupidest idea's to ever come out of Paralment Hill, this has got to be one of the best. Current Defence Minister Gordon O'Connor wants to change Joint Task Force 2 (Canadian's verson of the British SAS and American Delta Force) to the First Special Service Regiment. Or, 1st. SS Regiment. I pretty sure that the name will not get changed, but come on, changing the name to "SS" is going to piss off a hell of a lot people, and more then likely all the Jewish people in Canada. Anyway, if you would like to read the full article, here it is JTF2 Name Change

......bahhahahahahaha

Soon, our fighters will bare the name "luftwaffe" lol. Ah, the luftwaffe, the washington generals of the history channel.

(for those not in "the know" that was a simpsons reference).

nice quote, Wesley

I'm from a Country Run by complete Asses!!!(Hopefully not for much longer with a Democratic Senate and House) And I have to say, it's nice to know that you haves asses in power as well. What a completely stupid and poorly thought out, idea.

First of all, "special service"? Does this service take the short bus to school?

Secondly, Joint Task Force II. Is there a JTF I? What happened to it? Will that be turned into the 2nd special service regiment?

God I hate this country. We have a division of the army so secretive that we're barely even allowed to know it exists and we can't come up with a cool name for it. What the fuck. And you'd think that O'Connor, a retired brigadier general wouldn't be too much into the whole changing names of units and regiments. Fuck, there's tradition behind that shit.

There was a JTF 1, well, sorta. To my knowledge the first JTF was actually the Devil's Brigade who kicked ass and took names in WW2. I believe this unit basically evolved into the JTF 2 unit.

Friends of mine and myself have driven out to their super secret location once, we didn't see anything of course but yah, they had a place here i think they stayed and possibly trained (Sparq i can't remember if im right on this or not, correct me if im wrong, we drove out there a while ago) which was just outside of Ottawa, sorta rural area. And yes, they take the short bus, but only because it's a super secret bus that delivers them to some super secret air-pad to go and fight super secret missions.

Edited by supercanuk

First of all, "special service"? Does this service take the short bus to school?

Secondly, Joint Task Force II. Is there a JTF I? What happened to it? Will that be turned into the 2nd special service regiment?

God I hate this country. We have a division of the army so secretive that we're barely even allowed to know it exists and we can't come up with a cool name for it. What the fuck. And you'd think that O'Connor, a retired brigadier general wouldn't be too much into the whole changing names of units and regiments. Fuck, there's tradition behind that shit.

Now see that makes sense to me, why fuck with tradition. Leave it alone.

Yeah, there's a small JTF base outside of Ottawa. Not much to see, really. A few small buildings with blacked out windows, a double chainlink/razor-wire perimeter, and some trees.

It always struck me as odd that we've got a unit called Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry. I realise it's tradition from as far back as the first world war, but it's really not a good name for a combat regiment. I'm not saying it needs some corny, aggressive-sounding name, but come on. Princess Patricia? Even technical military placeholder names sound better than that. Like, say, 103rd Batallion Expeditionary Force. I'm sure I've defiled some long and proud history here. Then again, I'm not saying it should actually be changed at this point unless the whole unit is disbanded.

In the case of JTF2, I don't see why they'd even bother changing it. Waste of time and money (same with PPCLI, don't get me wrong) for an already cash-starved military. The defense minister should be looking for funding, not finding trivial ways to spend it.

Edited by Sparq

There was a JTF 1, well, sorta. To my knowledge the first JTF was actually the Devil's Brigade who kicked ass and took names in WW2. I believe this unit basically evolved into the JTF 2 unit.

Sadly the name Joint Task Force 2 came from the states, they had a Joint Task Force (4 i believe) done in Florida of various law enforcement groups (FBI, State Police, AFT, etc...) to combat drug running in Florida. The idea for the Canadian name was it would combine all three sectors of the armed forces into a special force's role. As for the 2 in the name, it gives the mystery of "is there a Joint task force 1?" The British SAS did this trick back in WWII in Africa when it was first formed. The First Regiment was called "L" namely to make the Germans wonder if their was Regiments A-K, but in reality, the L stood for "learning" I guess that is British humor for ya.