shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

thanks for giving it a try, shade. i don't think you'll like it much, as you seem, from what i can gather from your posts, to dig bleeding edge music.

edit: i'm downloading that first one you posted. the least i can do is return the openness.

Edited by 13chris13

BLIP BLOOP BLOOPY!

Vic Rugigirurheireoo is okay upon first listen. Any particular songs on the album you suggest I give closer listens to?

EDIT: Yes, That LOVE album fucking owns...you will like it.

Edited by shade

ehh...i dunno. if nothing jumps out at ya...whatever. i'm surprised you said 'okay' ;)

my favorites are parking lot, american psychopath, and animales.

i gave venetian snares a try. it was also okay. i could listen to it and not be bothered, really. i love the classical infuence but the beats are too spasmatic for my taste. i honestly liked it more than i thought i would, though.

THE ADVANTAGE

advantelf.jpg

Everyone will love these guys. NINTENDO COVER BAND...enough said imo

Download

The Yardbirds - Roger the Engineer

yardbirds_rogertheengineer.jpg

This is the only Yardbirds album with all original material. Mix of Standard Blues influenced tracks and weirder rock tunes. Jeff Beck makes some cool sounds on the guit...I believe Jimmy Page plays bass on some tracks.

The last song pwns btw.

Download

DONOVAN - SUNSHINE SUPERMAN

200px-Donovan-Sunshine_Superman.jpg

Chill Album that you will want to listen to out in a field of flowers.

Download

Genghis Tron - Cloak of Love [EP]

genghis_tron-cloak_of_love.jpg

Techno/distortion/shredding/screaming

It's fun, just try it out.

Download

Edited by shade

ehh...i dunno. if nothing jumps out at ya...whatever. i'm surprised you said 'okay' ;)

my favorites are parking lot, american psychopath, and animales.

His stuff has a sort of CHARM to it. I probably dig Parking Lot the most.

Edited by shade

Three Smiths albums for shits and giggles:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/othnqy

Tori Amos - Boys for Pele

ca_Tori_Amos_Boys_For_Pele.jpg

Download

ALSO, here is a live duet of a track off the album "muhammad my friend" featuring Maynard

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e1aNfUiihz0

Edited by shade

one more gem to submit for your collective consideration. some music for those long, hot summer nights, or when you're just daydreaming about them. perfect music to crack open a beer to, or blaze one. here's a live album by the slackers (and friends) called 'upsettin' ernesto's'. it's a mix of traditional ska and reggae music.

814616.jpg

the slackers and friends-upsettin' ernesto's

i went through a huge ska phase a while back, and these cats were the only band that remained in my collection when the phase ended. they play the trad ska and reggae, but it doesn't come off like a gimmick or like total cheese like so many other ska bands that have come and gone. it's just sweet fuckin' music, regardless of the genre. and these guys shine particularly bright on their live performances. this one's a special import disc, so i don't feel too bad about sharing it. if you like it, their other live album (just called "live at ernesto's') is available in larger record shops.

some stand out tracks:

cupid- a cover of that old song by i don't know who ("cupid, draw back your bow-oh..")

mommy- song about vic's departed mom. always gets me right here *points to heart*

dub two - dedicated to joe strummer. has this crazy rewind effect performed by the whole band

church of slack - a rip on those evangelical thangs from tv ("dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate this thing called life. and when you call up that trick in beverly hills...you know the one...he's just gonna give you my phone number anyways")

anyway. give it a shot.