shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

WHY DID THE ALBUM I POSTED NOT HAVE YOUR INTEREST?

you didn't sell it. i know you've got a thread about them, but i never read it, so i have no idea what they are. i've heard of mogwai, looked them up on wiki when i saw them posted here, and thought 'that's something i'd like to hear'. i think i owe you one anyway (strung out), so i'll give it a listen, even though i'm not interested ;)

i'm not gonna try. i think they're great, everyone else here thinks they suck. there's nothing to sell.

i will say that they are a band that gets better the more you listen. but everyone here is too fucking uppity and mostly likes shitty music anyway, so...

Edited by mrs jesus

i will say that they are a band that gets better the more you listen. but everyone here is too fucking uppity and mostly likes shitty music anyway, so...

let's not forget that i'm the only one here who thinks kid a is garbage.

anyway, i listened to them. i like them, but don't love them. their clean sound is really good, but as soon as they kick in the distortion, it sounds like someone threw blankets over the amps. the distorted sound just has this far away, muffled quality. still...that's my only complaint, and it's not a huge one. i don't see the muse/mars volta connection. they don't sound enough like radiohead to sound like muse (hi-oh!), and i didn't want to stab my ears with pencils when i heard the vocals, so they aren't close to mars volta. they actually reminded me of the cranberries, vocally, on a couple songs. either seafarer's knot or granny niblo, and kyla cries cologne.

so they're staying in the collection. didn't delete them as soon as i was done. quince was my favorite song, and i'll, at the very least, listen to that one again (no distorted parts).

ooh...and props to mogwai for the happy tree friends sample at the end of their album ;)

I will give the Fair To Midland a shot, I am always up for new bands, and music

EDIT: I really like Fair To Midland, I don't think they suck at all, this is really the type of music I like to listen on a regular basis.

Edited by Audio of Being

I will give the Fair To Midland a shot, I am always up for new bands, and music

EDIT: I really like Fair To Midland, I don't think they suck at all, this is really the type of music I like to listen on a regular basis.

are you serious or are you just being a weiner? i don't want you to agree with me for the sake of agreeing with me, i just don't want some excuse like 'they sound like they want to be 2 bands they sound nothing like'.

chris, THANK YOU for an opinion that didn't make me want to crack skulls.

Edited by mrs jesus

Haha, my opinion made you want to crack skulls? I'm sorry. I will try not to compare bands to other bands again. It really gets me nowhere.

S.E. Hardy... the Devendra Banhart was interesting. Pretty chill.

i still love you, it's ok.

are you serious or are you just being a weiner? i don't want you to agree with me for the sake of agreeing with me, i just don't want some excuse like 'they sound like they want to be 2 bands they sound nothing like'.

chris, THANK YOU for an opinion that didn't make me want to crack skulls.

I am being serious. I don't agree just to agree with anyone, when I say I like something, I mean just that, for a long time now I have been trying to expand my tastes in music, it was my choice to give them a try, and I did, and I liked it.

I am being serious. I don't agree just to agree with anyone, when I say I like something, I mean just that, for a long time now I have been trying to expand my tastes in music, it was my choice to give them a try, and I did, and I liked it.

well then, yay! i'm happy that someone else likes them now.