shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

oh, i totally misunderstood. and yeah, if i can convert flac in linux without my head exploding, i'm sure it's not that hard in winders. this way, you get to choose your bitrate.

here's some swati:

B000O590ES.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[hide_me]swati - small gods[/hide_me]

she kinda folksy, i guess. bounces back and forth between sweet and sour. and she swears like a sailor.

pls pls pls tell me what you guys think of the BT album if anyone actually gets a chance to listen to it ;)

Anyone who's looking for something very chill and sweet, check out Rockabye Baby. Yes it's marketed for babies, but it's brilliant, I love it. While it may put you to sleep, it's far from boring. No vocals, so you don't have to cringe at someone else singing. Usage of lots of delicate instruments creates a dynamic, yet soothing listen. For a taste, I have uploaded their rendition of Radiohead. "Paranoid Android" sounds fabulous.

If anyone wants the Tool album, I have that as well. Although, honestly, the Tool one creeps me out a little haha.

Rockabye Baby Does Radiohead

pls pls pls tell me what you guys think of the BT album if anyone actually gets a chance to listen to it ;)

i already mentioned that i dug it, but i was wondering if i'd like any of his other stuff. i think you said this album was different than what he usually does. is his other stuff 'dancy' electronic stuff?

Depends on what you're looking for really. As I've already mentioned, BT is primarily a Trance artist. That being said, if you're not familiar with the Trance genre, please don't immediately assume it's that stereotypical shit you think you hear at raves.

That being said, he's a pretty House-y kind of Trance, I would suggest going to Hype M, and giving BT a search. Most of his tracks have vocals too, in case you're not interested in vocals in your electronic music. I would also mention he's pretty heavily influenced by breakbeats as well.

Tracks I particularly enjoy are "Somnambulist (Simply Being Loved)" "Force of Gravity" and "Dreaming" (which has an awesome remix called The Lucid Edit).

The above noted tracks are ones that I feel are a good taste of what he has to offer, Trance/House wise. But if you want to see how varied his tastes are, I would suggest taking a listen to the album "Emotional Technology". Largely a vocal album, if you want more non-vocal stuff, I would suggest his older albums, such as "Movement In Still Life" and "ESCM" (This album contains "Flaming June" which is considered by many, one of the most famous staples of the Trance Genre.

If you noticed in Binary Universe, he makes use of his stutter edit a lot, and it's definitely a signature style you'll notice in every track he has.

Honestly, if you're more interested in that Ambient sound of "Binary Universe", I would suggest taking a listen to maybe Aphex Twin's "Selected Ambient Works". Good tracks are "Rhubarb" "Donkey Rhubarb" and "Lichen".

haha whew! That was long! I'm kind of passionate about my electronic music ;)

Honestly, if you're more interested in that Ambient sound of "Binary Universe", I would suggest taking a listen to maybe Aphex Twin's "Selected Ambient Works". Good tracks are "Rhubarb" "Donkey Rhubarb" and "Lichen".

there are two selected ambient works albums. i'm downloading vol.2 right now. how 'eighties' does the first one sound? i've actually meant to check out aphew twin before, after seeing his fucked up videos on much music once in a while.