andielicious

Hedley Guitarist Singing Change Of Season

a friend of mine works at the ymca in waterdown and hedley played there last nite. she frequently runs low on volunteers so i offered my services. well, i'm a smoker, and clearly being surrounded by screaming 15 year olds for 8 hours made me take frequent smoke breaks. i was out back having a smoke when dave, the guitarist for hedley came out. we were chatting about how he's from bc and whatnot so i mentioned i'm a big fan of matt good. he told me that his old band opened for them in the underdog days on a couple shows. i showed him my tattoo (my avatar) and he started singing it to me. i'm always shocked when people know that song. it made me feel special that he was singing it to me haha.

just a little story i felt like sharing. it's entertaining to me, if to no one else! the screaming 15 year olds would have been jealous.

Rosin's played in "Day Theory" but it's not surprising they're familiar with MGB's material considering Dave Genn co-wrote some of their songs and Hoggard has proclaimed Matt as his favourite artist and "Protest Song" as his favourite song.

A friend of mine (who's an opera singer) was recently on a cross-country flight back to Vancouver and Hedley's drummer happened to be sitting right next to him.

Mike, bless his heart, had never heard of the band but was able to show the guy a few tricks on his laptop - specifically, how Excel is much more suited to doing one's personal finances and budgeting than MS Word. ;)

An irrelevant detail perhaps but amusing nonetheless.

Foul. That horrid excuse for a band shouldn't ever come within a mile of a Matthew Good song. Especially a song of that quality.

Isn't someone bitter? I think it's a good thing that bands have been influenced by Matthew Good (and band). Though maybe you may not think they play good music atleast you know they listen to good music.

that just goes to show that although matt may not be as mainstream, especially now, he still has his fans. and his fans are the first to declare their admiration for him. i have also found that once you become a fan, you're a fan for life.

how many more times could i have used the word fan in that paragraph? jeez.

a guy that i work with is pretty huge into matt good. mostly because his daughter loves to give him new music to check out. but he's in his 50's and always tells me about new albums and concerts of matt good's (i always know before him, but it's still cute).

I think the acoustic was the most diverse crowd at any concert I've been to. It's pretty special to see all these people you'd never expect to see at a Matt Good show and watching them listen and being moved what he's doing on stage.

My friend was saying in Edmonton that during In A World Called Catastrophe he looked at an older gentleman who was just moved to tears.