Poprocks

Limblifter (superthread)

I almost can't believe there hasn't already been a thread made for this band on this forum. They're absolutely fantastic in almost every regard. They have three five star albums in my opinion and are easily one of the best Canada has had to offer. I almost think each of their albums is better than the last and can't wait until they release another.

Ryan Dahle is a musical genious and I am glad him and Matthew have worked together. Shows Matt knows who the quality is.

Your post made try and figure out what the hell was up with these guys.

From Meegee's blog:

"ryan is working on a solo record. It will feature me n him, mostly, and maybe a few drummers

it will definitely be out by summer, so there

a Limblifter song got picked up by MTV to be the theme song of a show called I'm from rolling stone, that's exciting"

A Ryan solo record sure as fuck works for me, considering the demos that he's put up on myspace.

That's awesome if a record by them is out by summer but I can't help but be disappointed if that means they're not releasing "Limblifter" albums anymore. I wonder why it's being put out as a solo album. That also might make it much harder to find than it already is. I want it to be Limblifter dammit. :angry: ;)

a Limblifter song got picked up by MTV to be the theme song of a show called I'm from rolling stone, that's exciting"

yeah, the main riff from "Fiercely Co-Dependant" (from I/O) was snagged by MTV for their nefarious purposes.

didn't hear any of Ryan's vox, unfortunately.

I love the Limblifter. Amazing band. I can't wait to hear more from them. However:

I almost can't believe there hasn't already been a thread made for this band on this forum.

I was super bored yesterday or some other day, and went through all the pages on this music forum. There must have been 3 or 4 threads dedicated to Limblifter. ;)

I can't wait to hear his solo record, I'm hoping he'll have a website or Myspace page soon with some songs on it. As for Limblifter, I think what it might boil down to is Ryan Dahle is Limblifter, he writes all of the music, has a rotating line-up, and as hard a time as Holly McNarland releasing records, so it make more sense to start fresh under his own name. At least then maybe he can influence people who didn't like LL to listen to his solo work since they probably wouldn't know who Ryan Dahle is... Beyond that "I/O" wasn't even meant to be an Limblifter record, it was supposed to be the Alarmbell debut, however, they didn't last either. In fact the only LLer who came from Alarmbell left is Meegee Bradfield. So, he may as well do a solo album with her, and that way he can tour and all that jazz as much as he can/wants at least since the line up that can rotate.

Beyond that "I/O" wasn't even meant to be an Limblifter record, it was supposed to be the Alarmbell debut, however, they didn't last either.

Well that explains why I/O sounds so different.

Oh, and Shiri, I had to buy the CDs because it was hard for me to find their music on the internet to download.

Edited by soundless_space

I love the Limblifter. Amazing band. I can't wait to hear more from them. However:

I almost can't believe there hasn't already been a thread made for this band on this forum.

I was super bored yesterday or some other day, and went through all the pages on this music forum. There must have been 3 or 4 threads dedicated to Limblifter. ;)

Lol well I just searched before I made this thread and none showed up so I don't know what the deal is with that.