Poprocks

Limblifter (superthread)

Should I check this band out? If so, what album or particular songs should I look for?

I have no clue if you'd be into them but my favourite albums are Bellaclava and I/O. I'd say if you were going to pick one you should try Bellaclava first because it probably has the best mix, although I think my personal favourite is I/O.

I'm pretty sure Meegee did bass and that's it from what I recall reading.

Edited by Manchalivin

I would disagree with that. I think you should start with I/O. I find it eases you into their sound a little more and would give you a better idea if you would like them or not. Bellaclava was a little under-produced in my opinion and rough around the edges. My favourite track off I/O is Jumbojet Headache.

Exciting news everyone. Ryan has now posted a song from the new record I believe called Target Practice on the myspace and says new record coming soon. He may also have more on another myspace. It says preview posted at ryandahle/myspace but I haven't checked it.

Damn I am excited for this new stuff. This song is really different and it sounds like there might be some serious experimenting/out there stuff on this new one. It should be real interesting.

Guest Prosis

It's now Matt less, the violin thing is weird and plain bad

I guess the word I'm looking for here is "sucks"

Edited by Prosis

Holy shit! Everyone should check out these songs, they are really different/intriguing (to me right now anyway, though there is the possibility that I and maybe he have just gone straight out of our minds :angry: ). I like Eek it's Halloweeen, Target Practice and heck, maybe all of them. I also am glad he gave Agoraphobe a decent amount of change up, although I really don't know if it was for the better.

Oh enough with Ryan's voice, let's just agree it's plenty good enough. ;)

Edited by Manchalivin

Guest Prosis

Oh don't get me wrong, I love his voice normally. It's particular and good. But the "I never wanna go" par was best sang by Matt. Ryan sounds like he struggles to get it.

I'm off to listening to Eek it's halloween

Guest Prosis

I see I'm not the only one! ;)

I should reconsider the words I used though, it doesn't suck, I don't like it is all :angry: And even that's strong, I don't like the violin and Matt's part done by Ryan...the songs the same lol

Nor do I like the banjo in Eek It's Halloween. Other than that, it's not a bad song

Edited by Prosis

Cool, have you seen this on Matthew's site? He made a post talking about the new Ryan album. There's nothing new other than a picture but I didn't know he had talked about it and thought I'd point it out.

Matthew-Ryan

P.S. You can still hear the entire I/O on the Limblifter website I believe noise pollution.

Edited by Manchalivin

I agree about one thing for sure with Agoraphobe. Matt in the background with the "I never want to go" and "stay home" does sound much better than whoever it is in the latest version. And overall I probably like Ryan's original demo the best but I am glad he changed it up further yet for the record and I think I'll still like it a lot. Whatever the case, we'll always have the other ones to listen to whenever we like.

Uchhhhh, you got my hopes up a little. I haven't heard anything about a release date other than Meegee saying in like July or something that it could hopefully be out by September or October of this year at the latest or something. But I guess that didn't mean too much.

Cool beans. Some releases/re-releases for Limblifter as well.

Set for re-release exclusively on iTunes worldwide on Dec 8th 2009

Limblifter -'Limblifter' (1996) and 'Bellaclava' (2000)

The Age of Electric - 'Untitled' (1995) and 'Make a Pest a Pet' (1997)

And there's more (posted by RD on his website).............

Kurt recently brought up the idea of releasing the Limblifter demos that lead to the first record which we'd recorded on the four track, that is arguable better than the record. I've dug up the original cassette masters that I'd buried in the back yard and will master it and release it in the new year, time permitting. Limblifter's I/O, the third record, is still available through iTunes at least in Canada and the US.

So I emailed Ryan and he say they got a grant for a new Limblifter record. Sweet I say, didn't know if we'd get another record under that name. I really liked his solo album. Quite different from what we heard from his band, but very unique and interesting music. I don't really care if we get Ryan in solo or Limb form, as long as it's a main project of his, but it's cool and unexpected to get more LL.