So Rage Against the Machine is reuniting to headline Coachella music festival this year. A shitload of other great bands are playing as well, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Bjork, Willie Nelson (Along with the greatest live band I've ever seen - Gogol Bordello)

Has anyone gone in the past? I'd like to go but I don't know much about this festival

Coachella

oh how i wish i could go to that show, i miss my chance last time when they went on tour with the beastie boys and then Mike D broke his coller bone so the tour was cancelled. and that was the last time Rage toured as a band.

It's very simple. Well, maybe hate is too much of a strong word. But I just don't enjoy their music. I don't like the guitar playing, I don't like the singing/screaming, I just was never able to connect to that band. Even with Chris Cornell (which I love) as a singer, I don't like them.

I once found a Rage Against The Machine CD in one of the computers in a web design class that I was in. I gave it a thorough listening to because even though I had heard of the band before than I hadn't heard the music. Didn't like it at all and ended up just putting the CD back where I found it.

But I hate RATM so I'm not going to bother myself.

so do i. they have that every song sounds just like the last disease. i saw them live in 1993 though, and they put on a good show. of course they only played for half an hour or so, so that could have a lot to do with it.

;)

that's cause you view the world through american eyes

Haha. Nicely said.

I think a large part of RATM's appeal comes from their political views. I might not like them as much as I do if it weren't for their lyrics and activism.

Also, Audioslave was a big mistake that never should have happened. Audioslave is living proof that band fetuses conceived from the union between pre-existing bands should immediately be aborted

that's cause you view the world through american eyes

That's just stupid.

I think that was more of a clever reply because it used RATM lyrics than actually taking a jab at the Americans on this board.

And Adamobunshin, any tips for this show? Places to stay, what the prices of gas is etc...

Edited by uglybutterfly