I really like RATM and it's cool that they're reuniting for a show but I hope it doesn't continue beyond that show. I can tolerate Audioslave (to varying degrees) but Rage was rather disfunctional as a band and I wonder whether they would all be able to set aside their differences and focus on the job. Also, I think their moment has passed and dwelling on the past may prove pointless.

Uglybutterfly, I live about an hour from Palm Desert, where Coachella is and I usually just drive there from my house. Last Year they actually had a huge camp site set up right outside the gates, where people put up tents. Other than that, there are a lot of hotels in and around Palm Desert, but they get kind of pricey. If your flying into Ontario Airport there are some hotels in that area that are probably cheaper, and it's only about a 45min drive from there. Although, I would say stay as close as possible, the drive back after a twelve hour show is terrible. Other than that, gas prices here are around 2.50$ a Gal for 87, and close to 3$ a Gal for 91. The only other thing is to make sure to get tickests and reservations quick because they sell out super fast.

Uglybutterfly, I live about an hour from Palm Desert, where Coachella is and I usually just drive there from my house.

wow... lucky u r so close!!!

all that camping thing u mention reminds me of Benicassim Festival in Spain ;) a huge place for the festival with a very good camping site close to the stages... and typical summer time (July) which makes things easier to enjoy the whole festival

yeah, the worst thing of these camping sites in the summer (like Benicassim in July in Spain) is that it is unbereably hot, you go to sleep very very late at night and once the sun starts shining you need to get out of your tent, unless you wanna die!!! ;)

but the good thing about Benicassim is that you've got the beach like 5 minutes walking, so most of the nights you sleep on the sand instead of your tent!

all anyone who doesnt understand whats so great about them has to do is read the lyrics to testify and remember they were written BEFORE Bush moved into the white house

you know there was another bush and gulf war, right? i liked rage, but i don't see anything particularly foreshadowing about those lyrics.