Dan #2

External Harddrives

It'd be a shame to lose that much data...

My connection is too slow and I don't buy enough CDs to make a dedicated file server worthwhile. Also, what I have ripped is encoded as mp3, so full albums only take up about 50-75 megs each.

i've used nearly every make of hard drive and i've never had problems with them. people seem to have serious issues with maxtor and wd, but i have both and they're still kickin'.

i'd like to get a bunch of samsung spinpoints due to their silent nature.

i've used nearly every make of hard drive and i've never had problems with them. people seem to have serious issues with maxtor and wd, but i have both and they're still kickin'.

i'd like to get a bunch of samsung spinpoints due to their silent nature.

just when i'd forgotten what a fucking GEEK you are...

Settle down now...

Yep...I use Maxtor and WD in general, though I never had a problem with my ancient Quantum Fireball either. 3.2 gigabytes of reliability.

This Maxtor 120 is the only one that's ever screwed me, and it as intermittent....it seems fine now.

Settle down now...

Yep...I use Maxtor and WD in general, though I never had a problem with my ancient Quantum Fireball either. 3.2 gigabytes of reliability.

This Maxtor 120 is the only one that's ever screwed me, and it as intermittent....it seems fine now.

and you, i had no idea YOU were such a geek!

By today's standards, this helpful guide will show you the way for video...

PCI = low-end basic cards

AGP = mid-range cards, a few higher-end

PCI-E = current standard and highest-end cards

Edited by Sparq

Looks decent. WD is one of the bigger names in drives, along with Maxtor, and you can generally trust their products. Though that Google software it's bundled with is free anyway as far as I know, so don't think you're getting a deal there.