Dan #2

External Harddrives

Maxtor & Western Digital make good harddrives.

also, a full CD is 700mb max. So 700mb x 600 cd's = 420GB.

Jesus christ you've done a lot of pirating young man.

Also consider that a 500 GB won't give u EXACTLY 500GB's, it will give u a bit less when u format it so a 500GB harddrive will actually give u about 470GB of space.

Personally i wouldnt back-up your entire CD collection, just the ones you'd really like to protect. Plus u can always burn an extra copy of the CD's & store them somewhere. CD's are probably more safe than HDD's to back stuff up. Never had a CD crash on me, or virus eat my CD.

Maxtor & Western Digital make good harddrives.

also, a full CD is 700mb max. So 700mb x 600 cd's = 420GB.

Jesus christ you've done a lot of pirating young man.

Also consider that a 500 GB won't give u EXACTLY 500GB's, it will give u a bit less when u format it so a 500GB harddrive will actually give u about 470GB of space.

Personally i wouldnt back-up your entire CD collection, just the ones you'd really like to protect. Plus u can always burn an extra copy of the CD's & store them somewhere. CD's are probably more safe than HDD's to back stuff up. Never had a CD crash on me, or virus eat my CD.

i backed up the 400 or so that i own and stole the rest. and i don't really back them up, it's more a case of me using my computer for cd playback. so essentially, it's a 600 cd jukebox.

my 200gb drives give me about 180-187gb